Cracked Windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 06:18 PM
bsk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 350 2006- Iridium Silver with charcoal interior,premium package
Unhappy Cracked Windshield

i am really bummed today as a rock chip put a 10 inch crack in my new car -E 350 2006- it has extended to 15 inches in 4 hrs
i called dealer in san diego who told me to call an autoglass company directly and arrange repair at home or at their site
does any one know whether the mobile services are the way to go or are there dealers who do it on their site
besides hoe do i assure that it is factory replacement glass and is there anything special that needs to be done wrt the rain sensors etc
please advise
i am having a terrible day after this
thanks
bsk
Old 06-17-2006, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by bsk
i am really bummed today as a rock chip put a 10 inch crack in my new car -E 350 2006- it has extended to 15 inches in 4 hrs
i called dealer in san diego who told me to call an autoglass company directly and arrange repair at home or at their site
does any one know whether the mobile services are the way to go or are there dealers who do it on their site
besides hoe do i assure that it is factory replacement glass and is there anything special that needs to be done wrt the rain sensors etc
please advise
thanks
bsk

If you called MBSD, they'll just refer you to Elite Auto Glass in Kearny Mesa. I had mine replaced at MB Escondido for $600. Ask for Larry Hastings.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:02 AM

SL550, E550 4-Matic, X5, and others...
Originally Posted by bsk
please advise
thanks
bsk
Awww man, I am sorry to hear this. I am East Coast here, so I really can't help you with locations, but I can try to give you some support. I got my rear glass changed by an autoglass place recommended by my local MB dealership, and it was as good as new. So hopefully everything will go fine, and your ride will be good as new again.

Feeling your pain,
Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 04:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Glass

Just be sure to specify original equipment glass.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:39 PM
bsk

E 350 2006- Iridium Silver with charcoal interior,premium package
Thumbs up

dear w 211ryda
i am extremely grateful to you for your advice and referral
MB of SD will just not replace windshields-which sucks by the way ,but as you suggested i went to MB Escondido who were brilliant and fitted me right away and gave me a free loaner and reassuringly carry onlt factory original parts-including the sticker
again thanks to you input i had this don far mor efficiently than anticipated