E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

OEM Bluetooth Adapter for MHI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I quit using my bluetooth connection for 6 months and just used the speaker phone on my blackberry which works great but what a waste of $$$$$

This past week I decided to try and get the phone fixed yet again (hoping that with enough passage of time the techies may have heard enough complaints that they perhaps learned how to fix the problem).

This time around they replaced the AWS module and told me it was working fine with the blue tooth phone they had paired the phone with in the shop.

They suggested I call AWS to make sure my blackberry had the latest software.

I am now using a different blackberry phone than the one I had back in June when I posted some replies in this thread. I now have the blackberry 8703e

I spoke to Elke, extension 225 at AWS customer service and she confirmed that I have the correct software but she went on to say that the outgoing voice quality is a very common complaint that she and her associates hear all the time.

She said there is no solution and recommended I go with a Razr hard wired phone that will take advantage of the car's built in antenna.

I would welcome comments from others whom have either had a great experience with this AWS Bluetooth MHI Module or a poor one similar to my own.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:40 AM

Can I install the phone setup?

Hey all

I have an 05 E320 cdi that does not have the phone setup. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have the prewiring either, since there is no adapter in the console. Is there any way I can add the phone to my car? The dealer told me its something like $1500 to do the install of the entire kit. I'm hoping there is another way around it. I found this Voice Control Module on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4890135&rd=1,1

What else would I need to have a handsfree phone setup?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:13 AM

2005 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by lordnkv
Hey all

I have an 05 E320 cdi that does not have the phone setup. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have the prewiring either, since there is no adapter in the console. Is there any way I can add the phone to my car? The dealer told me its something like $1500 to do the install of the entire kit. I'm hoping there is another way around it. I found this Voice Control Module on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4890135&rd=1,1

What else would I need to have a handsfree phone setup?

Thanks!

you may want to check these guys out... oes not hurt and price is very resonable.

http://www.eiskits.com/MB.html