E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Cobra to Benz.. story inside..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006 | 10:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Geeze I just looked up the specs.. the CDI makes 360+Tq.. vs the E350 at 258

So which car is faster over all? because the CDI barely makes 200hp..?

Educate me guys..

Thanks,

Marc
Old 07-21-2006 | 10:43 PM

Harley-Davidson
E320 CDI 0-60 = 6.6 sec
E350 0-60 = 6.5 sec

Both are probably governed to a top speed of 130 MPH ?????
Old 07-21-2006 | 11:05 PM

With those specs in mind...

I have not done much. My E320 just broke 2k miles, but IF you can brake boost a e320 I am pretty sure it would come slightly ahead in the 1/4 mile. The useable rpm range for boost seems to be up to 3.5k in the cdi...now it redlines in the 4.4k range...havent looked up figures, but killing the turbo lag would make it hop off the line and keep it in boost range just until the end of the 1/4 mile. Well I "think" it would pull into the 1/4.

As far as governed speeds...Im looking at redlight to redlight performance...I stopped racing when I dropped the modded jap coupe(which was VERY balanced). I direct you all to the amg forums from there. I do plan on keeping my car and making a cdi a beast if possible, but thats if cash allows it in the future.

With all that said lol....thats slightly just some personal hopes. I have not really looked up much but im telling ya the cdi's turbo lag + the trq= hella fun..

And thats all you should look out of with the E man. Unless you wanna drop some serious cash on mods just make it look/sound the way you want. IT will pull better than most cars in it's class even at highway speeds. The engineering of the car is very nice. I plan on doing wheels first honestly, but unlike my old Z...to do it justice the wheels are going to cost as much as all my other mods combined (esp when you include tires) ...so just have fun with it piece by piece. It's still one hell of a car. Regardless to what you drop in to it.

Edit: to be honest my figures come from my complete distrust of magazine and factory drivers. I would be VERY impressed if these people did much more than hit gas and shift. Real world conditions is what I am relying on. +/- altitude ...I am in TN so I really am in upper/mid altitude...I don't factor that in. I also have no clue how diff cars handle the diff altitudes.

Last edited by Hemoglobin; 07-21-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-22-2006 | 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
That's funny, there's some other guy in the forum that went from a Benz to a Mustang Terminator or whatever. How odd.

https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/155455-added-american-car-stable-has-finally-repaced-hole-my-heart.html

What's the world coming to, going from Ford's to Merc's, and Merc's to Ford's??

I miss the traditional way of doing things. Merc's to Porsche's or vice-versa.

Hasn't Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May not make it clear to everyone that AMERICANS CANNOT BUILD CARS???

Yeah, I'm a hater. Deal with it.

Last edited by TA-9FF; 07-22-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2006 | 08:34 AM
Almost a Member!

I dunno man.. there are some killer american cars out there.
Both the new Z06 and the Ford GT put the so called euro supercars on thier heels. I know the Z06 is getting a supercharger real soon (LS8) and I've seen the dyno sheets for it.. man..look out.

I like my E500.. it's a pretty nice car. Best car? Far from it. My mothers new Buick Lucerne is MUCH quieter inside than my E (allthough I like my car better). My old 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited I use to haul junk around in can scan my radio presets.. unlike my E500. The E series NAV system blows chunks.. don't even attempt to compare it to what is in some cheap japanese cars. That list of MB 'faults' goes on and on.

I actually don't give a rats *** who's name is on a vehicle I drive.. I'm above that mentality. When I finally went to get a luxury car, if something like a Kia would have had a body style I liked, along with an interior style I liked, along with the HP I liked.. I'd have one in my driveway. I wanted an M5.. but that new body is ugly as sin.. as is the interioir. So who cars if it's fast or not if I have to sit and stare at an interior I hate. I also looked at M3 with SMG (not the newest ugly one).. nice looking car, nice power (and SMG is awsome).. but the interior.. UGH!
I looked at the STS-V.. killer power, nice interior, rides/drives very nice, but that cow catcher front end.. nope.. not gonna have it.
The E500 covered all of my basic requirements.. so I bought it.

It's kind of funny.. when I got this car and people saw me in it I got some interesting comments.
YOU drive a mercedes?
Uh.. yeah.
You don't look like the kind of person who would own a Mercedes.
What is that supposed to mean?
Cuz I don't talk like Mr. Howell from Gilligan's Island or wear a Rolex and a bunch of gold chains or some golf shirt with whatever insignia on the breast pocket or live off my parents trust fund I can't own a Mercedes?
(I'm actually an older (41), long haired, Levi's, baseball cap with a race car part insignia on it, t-shirt (again race cars parts) and some worn out cheap Nike shoes I got at a clearance store type of guy.. my watch is an Invicta I got on a cruise, dirt cheap ($49) cuz the second hand is 1/2 second off.. but it looks nice to me and keeps time just as good time as my buddies $4500 Rolex.. except for the 1/2 second thing and I have $4451 collecting interest in the bank)

Got stopped crossing the border from Canada..
Who's car is this?
It's my car.. why do you ask?

That sort of stuff pisses me off.
Anyway....

When I am done with this E500 in a couple years, I'll have a new AMG E63 (unless they screw it up somehow by that time or somebody else makes something I like better).

Of course.. this is all my opinion