E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Powerchip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powerchip?

Ok guys I work for a dealer and can get a discount on a powerchip.. but still gonna cost me around 600bucks..

Is it worth it or not?

it just seems like way too much money.. but if anyone has any experience with it.. and conviences me other wise.. ill do it
Old 08-02-2006, 03:20 AM

2004 CL55 AMG
Exclamation Powerchip software

im very new to this site, so many people may find my opinion to be amatuerish at best. But who Cares!!!

Ive done some research and have found that Powerchip(at least on paper) gives the best performance and power, coupled with a 3 year warranty(and more importantly) a risk free 14 day satisfaction gaurantee, no questions asked. I've spoken to Matt @ powerchip personally and he garauntees this. other companies like renntech and kleeman seem to be good too. But after communicating with their reps, the lack of enthusiasm made my choice clear. additionally, they do not offer the garauntees that powerchip does.

above of all, do your research! thats the only way that you'll be satisfied with your eventual purchase.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by illrukus187
im very new to this site, so many people may find my opinion to be amatuerish at best. But who Cares!!!

Ive done some research and have found that Powerchip(at least on paper) gives the best performance and power, coupled with a 3 year warranty(and more importantly) a risk free 14 day satisfaction gaurantee, no questions asked. I've spoken to Matt @ powerchip personally and he garauntees this. other companies like renntech and kleeman seem to be good too. But after communicating with their reps, the lack of enthusiasm made my choice clear. additionally, they do not offer the garauntees that powerchip does.

above of all, do your research! thats the only way that you'll be satisfied with your eventual purchase.
very true.. it just cost soo much money.. I just dont know if its really worth it on a Naturally aspired motor.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:57 PM

2004 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by CombatBenz
very true.. it just cost soo much money.. I just dont know if its really worth it on a Naturally aspired motor.
NASP engines can be a pain. Software gains with NASP engines vary highly from model to model, but is mainly dependable on the octane that you use. Of course the higher the better. Case in point; Powerchip says that is can gain 21hp and 23 lbs/trq with the E500(cost is $990) using 93 octane, a 7% gain. 91 octane will give you 15hp and 16 lbs/trq, a 5% gain. Not hugely significant differences, but a difference none the less. In addition there are performance improvements that are made as well. Break it down and its $47/HP. Not a cheaper venture, but niether are our vehicles. Give them a call at 310-235-1122, they may give you a sizable discount!