Rear only Park Assist (Quickparc)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some MBs & Bimmers
Rear only Park Assist (Quickparc)

Folks

Thanks to Steve, I was able to get this nifty feature --- rear only Park Assist. I think this is known as Quickparc Accessory for the UK market.

It is very similar to Parktronics but for the rear only and it doesn't require the installation of another switch next to the gear shift knob. I hope the pictures came out well for your viewing.

It works great backing into tight spots due to the low trunk line. I don't think (IMHO) there's a need for the front sensors as I use the front 3 pointed star as reference --- thus this mod.

View of the Rear Sensors

View of the Rear Display w/ LEDs off

View of the Rear Display w/ LEDs on indicating close proximity to rear objects. (The beeping was going off like crazy during this shot)

Last edited by GearHead; 08-10-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
08' S550, 04' E320 4matic, 03' Acura TL-S 6 speed, 1968 Vespa P150
how much did it cost? hard to install?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
i use the front more than the rear. LOL!! I use it to get really close to a wall (like in a garage) on the passenger side.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by jangy
i use the front more than the rear. LOL!! I use it to get really close to a wall (like in a garage) on the passenger side.
Tennis ball or something similar hanging from the ceiling usually helps while bouncing of your windshield without causing damage.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:45 PM

Some MBs & Bimmers
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
how much did it cost? hard to install?
Better check with Steve on the pricing. I had a bunch of stuff done when I last saw him. I think it is 1/2 the price of the full system but you better check with him.

Hope this helps
Old 08-10-2006, 11:48 PM

Some MBs & Bimmers
Originally Posted by jangy
I'm in the same boat ... too much crap in my garage. Therefore, I park my car inches from the wall on the passenger side. Front has never been a problem but the rear is the one that is hard to gauge due to the low trunk line.

I was not not sure before but I am sold now. Am waiting the right opportunity to put the same retro in my other cars.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
You really sound as if you are 'addicted' to the park assist Steve installed. Which is GOOD!

As always, the pleasure was ours. And thanks for posting the pics; they look great!

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 08-11-2006, 01:09 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
BigSis or anyone - do you know if rear-only Park Assist can be retrofitted into an '03 as well as in later W211s? I assume so, since Parktronic is in my owner's manual, but you never know with an '03. Also, pardon me for being denser than usual, but where is the LED display for rear-only Park Assist? On the rear package shelf someplace? The manual just says that it's "integrated into the rear trim." I really can't tell from the pictures.

The tennis ball thing works well for me in my garage; when the ball hits the top of the windshield I not only know my front clearance is OK but (more important) that the rear bumper is clear of the garage door when it closes. When I parallel park, though, I can't hang a tennis ball from a skyhook. I can judge front clearance pretty well, but not rear clearance. I've learned the hard way that modern plastic "bumpers" have zero resistance to parking dings, so if the wife is along I ask her to be rear spotter when I parallel park. Those "federal" bumpers from the 80s sure were ugly but they actually functioned as, you know, bumpers.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Yes parktronic rear only can be fitted in cars from 2003 onwards.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
[QUOTE=DWP]BigSis or anyone - do you know if rear-only Park Assist can be retrofitted into an '03 as well as in later W211s? I assume so, since Parktronic is in my owner's manual, but you never know with an '03. Also, pardon me for being denser than usual, but where is the LED display for rear-only Park Assist? On the rear package shelf someplace? The manual just says that it's "integrated into the rear trim." I really can't tell from the pictures.

Yes Steve @mbenznl CAN retrofit Parktronic to the W211 as Steve Did My Wifes W211 with a few other NEEDED mods...Works Great!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
Sure, full parktronic or park assist (rear only) can also be retrofitted in 2003 W211s. Without a single doubt.

The rear PTS display is located near the rear windowshield on the headliner. You can see it when looking in your rear view mirror.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by DWP
BigSis or anyone - do you know if rear-only Park Assist can be retrofitted into an '03 as well as in later W211s? I assume so, since Parktronic is in my owner's manual, but you never know with an '03.
gearhead's car is an 03 as well

JLa - see you in a few weeks!

greetingz,