E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Dunno what I did

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
2009 S550 AMG sport pckg. 2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrewcab
Dunno what I did

hey I need alittle help. I was fooling around with the settings on my 03 e320 the other day and i thought I would see if I could check out what items needed to be serviced for the next maintenance. I remember reading a post that showed how to do that. I had the key in position II and toggled the display to show the temp. next i toggled that to the FSS screen and it showed the amount of miles to my next maintenace. next i pressed the R button for between 3or 5 seconds and it went to a screen that said

item data
service data
special work

and I forgot what the last menu said. anyway i went fiddling through the menus and none of them showed what items needed to be done so i exited back to the FSS screen but it said "service display not possible" instead of displaying the miles till the next maintenance interval. WTF did I do?? my last maintenance was like two weeks ago so if i reset it it prolly won't make a difference but does anybody maybe know what i did so i possibly don;t have to reset it???
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
2009 S550 AMG sport pckg. 2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrewcab
never mind it went back to showing the correct mileage when I turned it off and left it for a few minutes. Just wonder if I screwed any settings up
Old 08-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Try the ECU reset and see if it clears it up. if not, just tell the dealer to deal with it and say you don't know what the hell happenned.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by jangy
Try the ECU reset and see if it clears it up. if not, just tell the dealer to deal with it and say you don't know what the hell happenned.
Ok,, I didn't fiddle with mine,, I just dorked it up and it won't go back to the settings. I went from Service D in 3500 miles to overdue Service F by 7000 without moving or starting the car. Dah,,, ? If the system were easier to use people probably would not have issues with it, however it is not very user friendly and the dealers aren't very offering when it comes to you understanding what is going on for service. Their response is usually just bring it in, "we'll service it and see what it needs".. then you can just open your wallet and pay. I have never owned a car that provide service information in such a manner. I have traveled to 33 countries in the last 30 years and I am sure everyone of these countries had a top flite first rate fully equipped dealership under their tarps. So how can a World Car as mercedes provide so little information for service. Unless it is just US and everyone else gets the information. So I dorked mine up and it goes in for service in 2 weeks because I can't get an appointment without a 3 week wait for just an oil change. They are just so busy doing service. But then I guess I don't mind driving 125 miles for an oil change, paying $300 and waiting for 6 hours. UMHHHH wonder how Jiffy Lube got started?

So if I were you I would look again at the service but DON"T press confirm on the CONFIRM All. That is the button I accidently pressed. I think had I just confirmed 1 item such as oil change it would have been a non issue.

Ok so I but at least you know you aren't the only one looking at "what is your service" prior to paying out $$. Jim