E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

help mb cloth cleaning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help mb cloth cleaning

what is the best way to clean the cloth along the entry way of the doors. i like the luxury of having cloth instead of plastic but people keep getting scruff marks on it esp in the back seat.

thanks
Old 08-06-2006, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I use Blue Coral Dir-Clean Upholstery Cleaner. (on the carpet/mats/door jambs/headliner.) Not on the seats or any leather.

It comes in a lightly blue tinted spray bottle. It foams when you spray it on fabric. Let it sit for a moment & wipe it off with a white terri cloth car towel.

All of my fabric is spotless with no work other than spray & wipe. It even takes mechanic's greasy shoe scuffs & grease from their pant legs off the center console carpeting. Heavy scuff marks on the plastic near the bottom of the door jambs need 409/Fantastic.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
there are several techniques, but my best is just a watered down multipupose cleaner(simple green)

spray it lightly and use a microfiber towel to take out the stains... If its on carpet I also use same mixture dab with a microfiber, and then... I use a brush and gently brush the carpet to loosen any other embedded crap and vacuum
Old 08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I use Blue Coral Dir-Clean Upholstery Cleaner. (on the carpet/mats/door jambs/headliner.) Not on the seats or any leather.

It comes in a lightly blue tinted spray bottle. It foams when you spray it on fabric. Let it sit for a moment & wipe it off with a white terri cloth car towel.

All of my fabric is spotless with no work other than spray & wipe. It even takes mechanic's greasy shoe scuffs & grease from their pant legs off the center console carpeting. Heavy scuff marks on the plastic near the bottom of the door jambs need 409/Fantastic.

I second that.... But the BC one that I use is a dry vacuum one (maybe we are using the same thing and you can do either or)... You spray it on and let it sit and about 5 mins later it turns into a white powder you vacuum up, it works well on light grey carpet taking out oil and grease stains I have not used it on the dark carpet yet but I am sure since it can take stains out of light carpet it will be able to take it out of dark just fine.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Same product. If there is a lot of dirt you can vaccuum up any white powder left, but since I wipe it up when its still wet, I've got no residue. Its a great product.