E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Salesman lends me HIS TRAINING MANUAL (Long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 01:55 AM
QQQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY2001 C320
Salesman lends me HIS TRAINING MANUAL (Long)

You guys already know a lot about the features, so I'd just focus on some finer points. Please note all descriptions below are CANADIAN version, though I believe most would apply to US as well.

Canadian E320 starts at C$69,950 (US$45,000), and comes with FULL LEATHER and THERMOTRONIC 4-Zone digital climate control as std (both options in US). However, I think all US Es get Teleaid (option in Canada).

Side air bags are now located in the side of the front seats, no longer in the door panel.

Sun visor is now a two-piece item and can be pivoted down to block sunlight from front and side at the same time.

Optional blinds for rear side windows rolled into door recesses when not in use.

Optional infrared reflecting laminated glass with break-in resistance.

Optional remote trunk closure a la new BMW 7 series.

Keyless Go now integrated into Smartkey. Driver no longer needs to carry a separate Keyless Go card.

DVD based NAV has a 6.5" color screen. Std audio 4.9" color screen. DVD deletes the cassette to make room for the larger screen so overall size is same.

New traffic jam function on the NAV allows driver to exclude sections of the route in route calculation.

Driver can choose from 4 options in NAV route calculations: driver defined route, shortest route, fastest route (I think this chooses highway when possible), and DYNAMIC route.

DYNAMIC ROUTE OPTION ACCESSES TRAFFIC BULLETINS FREE OF CHARGE VIA RDS/TMC TO AUTOMATICALLY AVOID TRAFFIC JAMS / TROUBLE SPOTS. IN ESSENCE IT IS A SMART NAV SYSTEM GIVING E OWNERS ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER ROAD USERS.

Std audio 10 speakers with 4-channel amplifier wth 25W for total of 100W. HK Logic 7 surround sound system has 12 speakers, 8-channel amplifiers (7x40W / 1x140W) for a total 420W output. HK offers the following optimization settings: Ambience, Driver, Speech, Surround all, Surround Front, Surround mid, Surround rear.

New FSS Plus includes more than just the time and distance remaining until next oil change. Final features TBD.

Canadian THERMOTRONIC 4-zone AC system (std on all Canadian Es) adds cooling amplifier (code 919), with stronger AC condenser, large displacement AC compressor, high performance suction fan with stronger motor as std, and modified climate control software to support increased cooling capacity. Given Canada is a cold country, I think US models with the THERMOTRONIC option should get this as well.

The folding front passenger seat is part of the split fold-down rear seat option, allowing objects as long as 9-foot to be put in the trunk. A special attachment to turn the fold-down front passenger seat into a functional table will be introduced later as an accessory.

New accessories include Cleanbag that can be attached to the front passenger footwell net or the ruffled pocket on the driver / front passenger seat backs to hold small garbage items.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:35 AM

S2000
Anyone know if sunroof is standard on E320 in Canada?
Old 08-28-2002, 07:31 AM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
Can you get the fold down seat option now in Canada? It is delayed here until '03.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:23 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
yes, normal sunroof is std on all Canadian E. panorama roof is C$1,850 and the solar panel is another C$1,120.

yes, rear fold down seats are available in Canada right now for C$900.