Once Again Radio Failed to Boot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Once Again Radio Failed to Boot

Took my ride to the car wash, because its finally sunny out here in NY once again... get into the car after the wash, turn on the radio & it hangs up at the MB Logo... No audio!

Can't get it to boot with keyless or smartkey restart. I figure I deserve an ice cream for this kick in the nuts once again... Finish my ice cream 20 minutes later, get back in & start the car & presto! Music from this device of torture. Its all working. CD, NAV, Satellite... God! Its maddening. I love the way this car rides when its all working. Its just so rarely "all working". I don't know if I'd go thru this abuse again.

You think this event was recorded by the computer system? Was yesterday's erroneous "low coolant / 1 Malfunction message" on the MFD recorded before it disappeared on a restart 20 minutes later? Ugh!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:48 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
This may be ancient history, but did you ever have the audio firmware update and/or audio gateway replacement associated with audio probems on early W211s? I don't have the TSB number, but somebody probably does (and Konigstiger, for sure). I thought that the hanging/rebooting problem was limited to '03s, but maybe it infected some '04s as well ....
Old 09-04-2006, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I had a lot of audio booting/NAV unit failures & a CD changer failure this summer. Supposedly I am all up to date. ...Not much hair left to pull out!
Old 09-06-2006, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tesla
I have similar failures, plus recently the nav DVD drive also failed. Everything replaced and up to date. Problem still pops up, and never at the dealership when you want to show it to the tech.

My conclusion: Becker makes pure crap.