E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Subwoofer removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Subwoofer removal

My subwoofer is blown and I am looking to replace it with a reasonably priced unit. When the car was in the shop for the dreaded "SBC failure-stop car now" (yeah right ) I asked for a price on a replacement. The response was a whopping $690!! Needless to say I still need that subwoofer fixed. Logic would dictate that these things are easily removed from the trunk, but apparently MB doesn't believe in logic. So, how does one remove the rear decklid in order to pull the subwoofer? Can I simply get a speaker with the same dimensions and do a quick and easy install or do I need to purchase the replacement from MB? This car has been nothing but trouble from the beginning, and I will probably get rid of it within the year so I don't want to put that much $ into it. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Isn't there anyone out there who has done this? I have used the search button, but come up empty.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:33 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
I don't have any ideas about replacing the subwoofer, but if you strike out here, you might post the questioon in the "Audio and Electronics" forum ...
https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics-38/
... even though that forum is not W211-specific, there may be some similarity between subwoofers among different M-B models. Or not.