E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E-Class Climate Control Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 01:58 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Class Climate Control Question

For those that have take delivery of a new E-Class, can you adjust the climate control settings from the steering wheel buttons? I was curious to this as the standard E320 (w/o 4 zone) doesn't have a digital climate control display and the temperatures are printed on the dial, therefore it can't be possible to adjust it from the steering wheel. Can you adjust the climate control only on cars equiped with 4-zone ("digital" climate control), neither, or both?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 09-02-2002, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am 99% sure that you cannot adjust the temperature from the wheel.

The climate control system is a stand alone system that is controlled only from the unit so it makes no difference whether you have the Thermotronic or Thermatic system.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 ML320
This is correct, it is a separate system. What you can do with the 4-zone thermotronic is have your settings stored in your smart key. Also, by pressing a botton, the up front R and L temp selects can instead adjust the rear R and L. Useful if you have kids in back or someone who can't figure that stuff out and just wants you to make them cooler or warmer.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
I don't think any Mercedes has climate control adjustment from the steering wheel.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
the brochure says you cannot control the a/c from the steering wheel.....it is right there, what else do you need? They put the audio buttons on, because i am pretty sure most of you change channels more than yoiu change the degrees for the a/c