E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 Front Grille Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 Front Grille Question

Hello, I have a 2005 E-500 with appearance package. On the lower, black grille portion, I have a piece of silver (car color) plastic that is centered horizontally. When I see other 211's in my rear view mirror, some do not have the separator and the lower area is all just the black grille. Is the something specific to either the year or the package, or have some removed it for a better, more aggressive appearance? If removable, how?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by chemsales
Hello, I have a 2005 E-500 with appearance package. On the lower, black grille portion, I have a piece of silver (car color) plastic that is centered horizontally. When I see other 211's in my rear view mirror, some do not have the separator and the lower area is all just the black grille. Is the something specific to either the year or the package, or have some removed it for a better, more aggressive appearance? If removable, how?

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Can you please explain or better yet post pics? I know that the appearance package does have a different airdam, etc. but I thought it had the E500 grill.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E350
I think I know what you are talking about and if it's what I'm thinking, it is part of one of the packages. It goes across the bottom grill correct? I wish I had that because i don't have any of the aesthetic packages. I kind of like the look of that piece.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Go For the AMG E55 front grill its what you are looking for or Avantguard in Europe
Old 09-26-2006, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
I believe he is referring to the silver strip that comes on the sport/appearance package. Easy to remove...just un-snap it.

non-sport/appearance package for example
Old 09-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Ahhh I see. Yes, I remember that grill from when I had my E500. I personally like the base look better than the appearance package. if that piece does just pull off, I'd give it a try.

What kind of chems you sell? I'm in Pharma.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:18 AM

what u are talking about is appearance package (used to call sport package in 03). bumpers its totally different with the one without, its come with, 2 lil kicks one the sides and headlights washers, plus the sideskirts both have lil kicks too, and 17" sport wheels style and Brembo fronts brake 4 cyls calibers, interior also different, its has sporty white cluster and black birdeyes marble wood, comparing the one with out appearance has regular black cluster and regular wood. Sport or appearance package ( whatever you wanna call) its a more than $4000 option, when the car s brand new (e500 price is from 57k without appearance package and navigation system, to 65k with app package and navigation system), thanks god my car its has it too.

And why you try to take that piece off man???? we had a sportier and beter looking one, just like the e55 owner try to put a e500 bumper replace for his amg bumper. That does not make any sence to me.

Last edited by kevinle; 09-27-2006 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:51 AM

Thanks to all the replies!
w211 ryda: You hit the nail on the head!

jangy: Mainly industrial, food service, food processing. We manufacture the products.

Kevinle: Nice steering wheel. I love the black burlwood. It took a lot of looking to find the E-500 brilliant silver with black interior and appearance package in Atlanta as most dealers were 95% 320/350.

So now I see it is part of the appearance package. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I think that the "no strip" would look more menacing to the person yaking on the cell phone, hogging the left lane at 50 mph! I love that reaction when they finally look up at their rearview mirror after about 5 minutes, panick, quickly change lanes and not even miss a bit of their conversation!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:57 AM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
..and the cars glass is blue.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:16 AM

Thanks to all the replies!
w211 ryda: You hit the nail on the head!

jangy: Mainly industrial, food service, food processing. We manufacture the products.

Kevinle: Nice steering wheel. I love the black burlwood. It took a lot of looking to find the E-500 brilliant silver with black interior and appearance package in Atlanta as most dealers were 95% 320/350.

So now I see it is part of the appearance package. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I think that the "no strip" would look more menacing to the person yaking on the cell phone, hogging the left lane at 50 mph! I love that reaction when they finally look up at their rearview mirror after about 5 minutes, panick, quickly change lanes and not even miss a bit of their conversation!
i dont like my car interior color at all, i love that black one, look much sportier, but i got my car used and pretty good deal the guy gave me, i guess i have no choice, im not a picky person at all, but about my car, yes im because its my car and also my best toy, im a lil sad anytime i look at my interior color, but atleast my wood steering wheel made me feel a lil beter when i look at it.
let me tell you my story: about 2 months ago, my friend's dad was asking me go to MB local dealership to pick up the sl500 with him, he end up picking a sl500 without amg package, just because its about $10k less than the one with amg package, he answer me after i asked him then, its still a sl500, same engine, no reason to pay 10k extra for just a diff look bumpers, side skirts and, wheels, i shut up rite after he said that cus i know what hes thinking is not same as me, and doesnt mater how hard i try to explant still gonna be useless, plus its not my car and my money, maybe im dump, but i love to see the car with full loaded specially AMG package, and i dont mind to pay extra to get it, im a cars freak, im enjoy every moment driving my cars and looking at any nice cars in the street, and my dream is one day i can own one of the exotic car i love like: mclaren, mosler, clk gtr, etc... but i down it , and maybe hes not like me, just want a sl because its a most expensive Mercedes benz class, 2 doors, and convertible (atleast maybe that what he heard from peps)

Last edited by kevinle; 09-30-2006 at 03:33 AM.