E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

4-Zone climate control not heating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4-Zone climate control not heating

Last night, I drove home in temperatures between 55 and 60 F. I increased the inside temperature from 75 to 80 but no hot air came out of the vents. The I dialed up the HI mode, but still no hot air, even with the AC off and the defrost mode on. What could be the problem?
Old 09-30-2006, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
I had exactly the same problem 2 weeks ago. The dealer had to order (and I forget the exact part's name) a special-order part. Mine's ready for the winter. It's covered under warranty. Good Luck.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tbone
I had exactly the same problem 2 weeks ago. The dealer had to order (and I forget the exact part's name) a special-order part. Mine's ready for the winter. It's covered under warranty. Good Luck.
Do you still have the work order? If so, could please you tell me which part it was? Thanks
Old 09-30-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Maybe our cars catching this like the flu. I have the same issue being fixed right now. Its some kinda valve that goes to heat exchanger, which is not shutting off properly. No idea about the part# but its going to cost $40 for part had to special order, 2 hrs of labor, plus hr and half of diagnostic time. Which i still have to dispute about. Good luck with that, i thought maybe i forgot how to turn the heat on since last winter My extended warranty Co. is trying to tell me that part isn't covered, F that. They're def. going to pay for this, one way or another, or i'm cancelling my warranty with them, wht kinda crap is that!

Last edited by DesiBaba; 09-30-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Sorry, I didn't keep the work order.

I also complained of a mildew smell coming from my A/C. They replaced the evaporator, which turned out to be a 2 day job.

Both the heater and A/C were covered under my extended warranty.

My service advisor also gave me a C-Class loaner for 2 days. This was unexpected customer service, as we now need to rent loaners if we want them.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Frank Wiesmann
Last night, I drove home in temperatures between 55 and 60 F. I increased the inside temperature from 75 to 80 but no hot air came out of the vents. The I dialed up the HI mode, but still no hot air, even with the AC off and the defrost mode on. What could be the problem?
More than likely the shut off valve, part # A211 832 00 84 (firewall, driver side) and/or the driver’s side SAM may be malfunctioning.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:15 AM

C240
Alright, just got my car back from the dealer after a week or so, Heat is working great. Ofcourse warranty didn't pay for that, Heating system altogether isn't covered under the warranty, what kinda major care warranty is that, anyways. But listen to this, Dealers manual says it should take about 2 1/2hr to fix this, so they charged me accordingly, but ofcourse it didn't take them that long, it took them less then 1 hour, but they wouldn't charge me less, because they only charge what the book says Let me just tell ya its been crappy, having this car. Just not happy, i wanna be happy with my car, but i'm not happy. I hate having unhappy thoughts towards my car. Dammit this sounds so gay
Old 10-07-2006, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by DesiBaba
Alright, just got my car back from the dealer after a week or so, Heat is working great. Ofcourse warranty didn't pay for that, Heating system altogether isn't covered under the warranty, what kinda major care warranty is that, anyways. But listen to this, Dealers manual says it should take about 2 1/2hr to fix this, so they charged me accordingly, but ofcourse it didn't take them that long, it took them less then 1 hour, but they wouldn't charge me less, because they only charge what the book says Let me just tell ya its been crappy, having this car. Just not happy, i wanna be happy with my car, but i'm not happy. I hate having unhappy thoughts towards my car. Dammit this sounds so gay

Any chance you'd like to disclose the name of your warranty company?
Old 10-09-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
Originally Posted by DesiBaba
Really? Mine was covered under warranty. They even exchanged the evaporator in the A/C unit because of a mildew smell, also covered under warranty.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:15 PM

C240
Warranty Direct! Jerks. I tried reasoning but to no avail i had to pay $450 or so.