getting bored...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
getting bored...

Who has some mods I could do for not a lot of money to make a difference in my car? The car is a lease so Im not sure what I wanna do... thought about clear side markers BUT I kind of like the orange markers on the car.

Im thinking about sub woofer but the last time I tinkered with that it stopped working on me... I might still do it though

And recently added to my list is illuminated door sills... anyone done the install on those?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
sills...

i did the sills and posted on one of the threads some clarifications on how to do them. I bougth them from for my mercedes dot com and i think they're a great mod, very classy and appreciated more in the winter when you use the car more in the dark.

search on my posts and you should find the thread.

aceman
Old 10-03-2006, 09:08 PM

Received 267 Likes on 159 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Becart rear license plate frame

The license plate frames from Becart are a genuine work of art.

http://www.becart.com/licenseframes.htm

I would post a photo of mine but for some reason my account is flagged as "You may not post attachments"
Old 10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I like my license plate frame... I just have the simple mercedes chrome one...

Aceman Ill do some searching... did those door sills sit like the stock ones do now or do they wrap around the whole sill like they do in my ML?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
Who has some mods I could do for not a lot of money to make a difference in my car? The car is a lease so Im not sure what I wanna do... thought about clear side markers BUT I kind of like the orange markers on the car.

Im thinking about sub woofer but the last time I tinkered with that it stopped working on me... I might still do it though

And recently added to my list is illuminated door sills... anyone done the install on those?

How about buying my 2 week old exhaust? I put it on and loved it. But my wife has "asked" me to remove it. I know I know, but she's letting me go to Rio de Janeiro in march with some friends so I'm picking my battles. Anyway, the guy who just put my stock exhaust back on, left the hangers, inlet pipes, and custom tips on the mufflers. So really, its a one connection setup. And since you're leasing, going back to stock is a peice of cake. Mine was put back in 1.5 hrs. Oh, and the tips were custom made to stay hidden behind the rear valance to keep the stock look. No need to do anything to the rear bumper. If you're interested, let me know and we can talk price. But it'll be cheap.

Here's a couple of vids so you can hear what it sounds like

This one is a 1/2 throttle acceleration then flooring it but I had to quickly let off becuase some workers were pulling their truck out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAa4wsXINl8

This one is normal driving with a couple of W.O.T. runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJQsfwpJxZk

This one is a W.O.T. run from 0-97 mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n78gxPlnjA4