E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

...Headed Back In...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 528i MSport
...Headed Back In...

So we just got our service done on the car I would say on or about August 16th. We've been tolerating this extremely annoying grinding sound as the vehicle is coming to a stop, without applying the brakes. Yet when applying the brakes, the grind is even more eminent.

So I called our service manager and he said to bring it in again yet the problem I see with this is that I want to have a higher-up take a look at it and also drive in another 04 E320 to see if that is the case with all of them like our service advisor, SA, said.

The service manager said that the regional manager does not come out like this and thought we would need to speak with the dealership manager for such a thing. Is this true? How do I go about getting a higher up to take a look and more so, will they let me drive another E320 to match up the issues that we believe are problems??
Old 10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,427 Likes on 3,149 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
So I called our service manager and he said to bring it in again yet the problem I see with this is that I want to have a higher-up take a look at it and also drive in another 04 E320 to see if that is the case with all of them like our service advisor, SA, said.
I would suggest having the shop foreman do a ride through with you while you’re in the car. This should identify and rectify your problem at the dealership level. However, if this does not resolve the matter to your satisfaction you can escalate to MB by way of requesting your area MBUSA Service Parts and Operations Manager (SPOM) get involved. If your dealership refuses to notify and/or put you in touch with the SPOM, PM me.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
How are your tires? Is it just tire noise? Does the car have Continental conti-touring contacts on it? How many miles on the car? Have you ever had them rotated or had an alignment done?