E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

07' E350 Bluetooth/Nextel Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' E350 Bluetooth/Nextel Question

I purchased the new Bluetooth puck for my 07' e350 and despite what AUTOWIRELESS SOLUTIONS say's that it doesn't support SPRINT/NEXTEl my blackberry 7520 paried right up with the system with a few exceptions. Sound and microphone work just fine. Dialing from NAV or Steering Whell is no problem. BUT it won't take my phone book and transfer NOR am I able to add speed dialing functions. Is that because numbers must transfer first or am I missing something in the NAV instruction book to manually add speed dial numbers. I also took phone to sprint to see if there was updated software and they had no idea what I was talking about...
Old 10-12-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe what you're seeing is the "not supported" part?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
i have the handfree communication system according to my window sticker
and the command system .

i assume i all need is the bluetooth adaptor and my sprint blackberry will work too-

i thought i heard you can get everything to work somewhere online - still search - will post what i find out.

another option/work around would be to tranfer addresses to a compatiable phone sync and go
Old 02-18-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
Originally Posted by knbcpab
I purchased the new Bluetooth puck for my 07' e350 and despite what AUTOWIRELESS SOLUTIONS say's that it doesn't support SPRINT/NEXTEl my blackberry 7520 paried right up with the system with a few exceptions. Sound and microphone work just fine. Dialing from NAV or Steering Whell is no problem. BUT it won't take my phone book and transfer NOR am I able to add speed dialing functions. Is that because numbers must transfer first or am I missing something in the NAV instruction book to manually add speed dial numbers. I also took phone to sprint to see if there was updated software and they had no idea what I was talking about...

You phonebook download issue is similar to my Lexus GX470. Lexus use OBEX profile for phonebook transfer and it just happen my Moto has OBEX disabled. If you have Mercedes voice control option then it would minimalized the inconvinience of the phonebook issue. All you need is add the numbers and names(vocally) to Comand, and make phone call by simply say "Call ****(names of people, place etc). It is that easy. In fact I have most of my contact in voice control, I don't scroll through the phonebook that often at all. IMHO, it is too distracting to scroll though the phonebook.

John