E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New ride has arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2006 | 08:04 AM

E350W4
New ride has arrived

Picked up my new Iridium E350 W4 Sport Package ride. Ok now I am impressed. The ride, handling and power are so sweet.

I do have one question I could not find the answer to in the owners manual. Is it possible to reset the MPG reading on the Instrument Cluster. I pressed the reset knob / button to the left of the cluster. It seems to reset all of the information except the MPG. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ok its early but I have to go back down to the garage and just sit in her again.
Old 10-15-2006 | 10:34 AM

Harley-Davidson
To reset the MPG, press and hold the reset button for a second or two while in the "after start" or "after reset" screen and the MPG will clear. A brief push will just reset the trip odometer.
Old 10-15-2006 | 04:31 PM

2007 E350 Sport
resetting mpg

What's the "after start" or "after reset" screen?
Old 10-16-2006 | 04:55 AM

E350W4
Reset

Thanks for the information on the reset. I just was not holding the button log enough.
Old 10-16-2006 | 09:00 AM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by Carnaught
What's the "after start" or "after reset" screen?
You should read your owner's manual. It explains this, as well as how to allow your steering wheel buttons to change radio stations by preset or scan by frequency. (I remember you said your car cannot do this. It can.)
Old 10-16-2006 | 11:01 PM

2007 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by cyclerider
You should read your owner's manual. It explains this, as well as how to allow your steering wheel buttons to change radio stations by preset or scan by frequency. (I remember you said your car cannot do this. It can.)

Yes, you are right. With the '07 you can scan your presets with a caveat, only am and fm. Unfortunately the system does not scan satelite radio presets.

I know, I should read my owner's manual instead of getting info. on these boards. Thanks teacher.
Old 10-16-2006 | 11:01 PM

2007 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by cyclerider

Yes, you are right. With the '07 you can scan your presets with a caveat, only am and fm. Unfortunately the system does not scan satellite radio presets.

I know, I should read my owner's manual instead of getting info. on these boards. Thanks teacher.