the good bad ugly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Originally posted by Barney
That was a funny post though I don't know if you intended it to be.

The lexus wallet key is merely an emergency key in a very small package without any electronics or bells or whistles. It is a nice thing to have.
So, MB solution having small detachable part in a regular key looks smarter than Lexus wallet key for me. I do not see any particular reason having it except situation I have described and MB solves this with a regular key. BTW Lexus key plastic wrapper should have something inside since manual mentioned that the wrapper should be placed not far some inches from ignition key to start (actually similar to KEYLESS GO).

Regarding KEYLESS GO, you are right, I just checked manual. It's good when a car knows you, but better if it was biometrical information to avoid carrying anything.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
lol, that would be a breakthrough for a car...but it will happen...maybe..good safety...but for right now...keyless is the best system...well coolest
Old 09-06-2002, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB E500
How about retina scan
Old 09-06-2002, 10:54 AM

e-420
keyless go

I like the keyless go Its just not working properly I think or at least does not seem to have the distance needed. When I was at the dealer yesterday the rep had trouble getting it to work properly. After playing with it for a while our conclusion was you have to allow a small amount of time between actions for the car to respond. Of course not reading the manual as typical for me. I did find out that when you open the car if you pull and hold the opening lever which is on the back side of the handle it opens all windows and roof. Conversely when you press the button on the outside of the door handle to lock and hold the button down it locks and closes all the doors and windows. It is cool when unlocking the doors as when you press the handle the door kicks open. I assume that is because of an electronic lock. I did not order keyless go I ended up taking the E-500 sport with keyless go and pano roof as my E-500 did not arrive. It finally came yesterday and the salesman said that it arrived equipped for a European license plate. Must have run out who knows but they had to order the peace for American plates and will probably have to paint it.
Old 09-07-2002, 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Lightbulb keyless go

I bet most ladies carrying a handbag will like the feature not having to take the car keys in and out of the handbag. Would make an interesting advertisement - in an emergency with the MB woman running towards the car promptly getting in and the other without keyless go frantically looking for the key in the bag..

Of course, the flip side is that if you have the habit of leaving the key in your bag or pockets using keyless go, you normally will not have access to the panic button or having the car to pop open your trunk (dirty fingers) or luminated entry.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i thought you canaccess the trunk or the fuel filler flap..on the video at mbusa, it shows that....but it is also a safety key...you can never lock your car with the key inside....and when ever someone does try to lock the car...you will see the locks remain up.....so after 2 years...i am pretty sure that most of us will not have the tendancy to look every time..but with that....it will help you...
Old 09-07-2002, 03:31 PM

Nissan Sentra
This is some funny stuff, the car is going to outsmart itself. I don't think its worth it even if it were functioning, but this is the second instance I have heard that the system is not up to par on an E-class. I remember when they first came out with that infrared remote and they put the receiver on the rearview mirror and you had to point the fob at the front of the car to get it to work. Great cars, stupid gadgets.

Datrader, does that mean stock or cars? Sounds like you'd bail if given the opportunity.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:37 PM

e-420
cars

unfortunately I think I would