E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sirius Presets Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Presets Question

I have a 2007 E350 with factory Sirius installed. Question I set the preset on the radio BUT now I can't scan through all the channels?. If I hit a preset it only goes up or down about 10 channels. If I start at preset 1 I cant get past 10. Also how do you delete presets?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:21 PM

06 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by knbcpab
I have a 2007 E350 with factory Sirius installed. Question I set the preset on the radio BUT now I can't scan through all the channels?. If I hit a preset it only goes up or down about 10 channels. If I start at preset 1 I cant get past 10. Also how do you delete presets?
You'll have to check with the COMAND manual for details on how to delete/change presets, but as far as scanning, you only scan through channels in the "group" of channels indicated in the top of display on the COMAND screen; e.g., "Jazz/Classical". If you want to scan through all channels, make sure "All" is displayed there. Note that there are lots of channels and scanning through all of them will take awhile. Also, once you select a channel, the group is changed to the group containing the channel you selected, on the assumption you prefer programming in that group, I suppose. Future scanning is confined to that group until you change the group or go directly to a channel outside it by pressing *channel number.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:46 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
So, you still can't choose your favorite 10 Sirius channels (regardless of arbitrary "group") and scan through them from the head unit or the steering wheel? That's amazing, and not in a good way. Earlier threads seemed to say that M-B fixed their '03-'06 FM mistake (no scanning of of FM presets from the steering wheel) in the '07. It seems like they still don't quite get it about letting people freely choose the channels they want to scan as presets. People don't choose Sirius presets so that they can jump to a "group" that may or may not include similar channels; they choose presets because they like those specific channels. M-B shouldn't need a lot of expensive market research to deduce that.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
mem presets...

and the *&)(& at MB didn't fix the problem w/ presets on the 2007 either as they had stated in earlier emails.

PATHETIC!!!

Aceman
Old 10-30-2006, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by knbcpab
You dpnm't have to delete a preset. Just tune to a channel you like, pick the button you want to store it at, press and hold the button & the new channel is stored there, the old one is overwritten. Thats all.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:50 PM

2007 E350 Sport Package
Originally Posted by DWP
So, you still can't choose your favorite 10 Sirius channels (regardless of arbitrary "group") and scan through them from the head unit or the steering wheel? That's amazing, and not in a good way. Earlier threads seemed to say that M-B fixed their '03-'06 FM mistake (no scanning of of FM presets from the steering wheel) in the '07. It seems like they still don't quite get it about letting people freely choose the channels they want to scan as presets. People don't choose Sirius presets so that they can jump to a "group" that may or may not include similar channels; they choose presets because they like those specific channels. M-B shouldn't need a lot of expensive market research to deduce that.
THEY FIXED IT FOR AM & FM but not for SAT