E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New E350 today - Cell Phone Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E350 blk/blk P2 Bural Wood
New E350 today - Cell Phone Options

I'm picking up my new E350 today. Very excited. I know I have 2 options as far as the phone and I wanted to get your input.

Option 1 is to get the cradle

Option 2 is to use bluetooth

Can you please tell me what features I can do with both. The pros and cons of each and what I should do.

Thanks!!

Jason
Old 11-15-2006, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
If You Go with ANY OE MB Phone you will Need the PSE and Cradle ...
Go With the blue tooth set up PSE and Puc ...Then add the Voice control
We have the MB Blue tooth set up in our 2006 W211 WITH Voice Control
Contact Steve @www.mbenznl.com or S-krabbenborg for more Info/Prices
Old 11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I prefer using an MB only phone and I leave it in the car all the time permanenly cradled. It is on a Verizon family share plan with my "0n the belt" cell phone and it shares the minutes. Since the phone is always hardwired to the car, it uses the cars exterior phone antenna for better reception, not the antenna on the phone itself under my coat. I also don't have to worry about the car's bluetooth interface answering my bluetooth phone when I am in the house able to answer it myself, which some of the guys are complaining about.

Its not the cheapest way to have an intergrated "car phone" (Bluetooth uses 1 phone/one phone number) but for me its simpler, more dependable, less hassles way to do it. Again, for me.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley-Davidson
I have the exact setup as Barry45RPM. I have the car phone set to forward to my pocket phone when I am away from the car, so I don't miss any calls. The cradled phone even downloads text messages to the COMAND screen, which I believe bluetooth does not.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if MARK CUMMINGS is a bot that's programatically designed to answer posts with ' contact Steve @ www.mbenznl.com .... '

https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=2376697
Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by Talbot
I'm starting to wonder if MARK CUMMINGS is a bot that's programatically designed to answer posts with ' contact Steve @ www.mbenznl.com .... '

https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=2376697

Nope.....

just another happy customer...with several Modded cars from Steve..
203/210/211 and Smart

btw Cummins...Not Cummings....
Old 11-15-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 259 Likes on 165 Posts
To the original poster: Do you currently own a Bluetooth cell phone? Depending on the model, some of the functionality may not work (downloading your phone book, for instance) with the MB Bluetooth system.

Last I checked, the official MB phones were ridiculously priced even if they weren't obsolete.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
They're not necessarily the "newest phones" because due to the specialized programming the get by the manufacturer for perfect integration with the MB Comand units, and the fact that they are such low volume sellers, ( Only to some MB owners only) the phones aren't often replaced by the next flashy model by MB. If the phone is going to be left in the cradle all the time (as I do), I'm only using the features available to me by the Voice Comand, MFD & Comand keyboard buttons. All the "bells & whistles in each day's "newest Phones" of the day, don't matter at all.

If it remains cradled, you don't care if it has a camera, color screen or anything like that. Once you load your phone book into it, you'll never touch the phone again. That's also why I order an MB phone & leave it in the car. For in-car use, it doesnt matter what phone is in the console, as long as the reception is clear & strong, (outside antenna) and it is seamlessly integrated with the car, which it will be.