E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Service "D"???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E320 CDI, '07 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2007 Porsche GT3
Service "D"???

My CDI says Service "D" is due soon. The service booklet that came with the car gives required services in time/mileage increments, but doesn't identify them by letter.

Can anyone tell me what Service "D" consists of? Better still, can someone point me to a url that'll give definitions of all the alphabet service operations?

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by khaug
My CDI says Service "D" is due soon. The service booklet that came with the car gives required services in time/mileage increments, but doesn't identify them by letter.

Can anyone tell me what Service "D" consists of? Better still, can someone point me to a url that'll give definitions of all the alphabet service operations?

Thanks.
You need to step thru the FSS to see which service items it's calling out -- then you can look in the manual to see what the actual work is. This info should be in your owners manual. You can also try and download the FSS Plus presentation (in pdf) from http://www.mercedestechstore.com -- look at the W211 stuff in the training files link. I can't post it here because pdf files are not allowed. If you don't have any FSS info in your owners manual, it's possible that MB disabled the ability of owners to access it. I know this is true for the 2006 cars, but not sure for '05 CDI's. Good luck.

Regards,
paul...