E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E550 4matic 1/4 mile timeslips and video: Someone PLEASE run their 550 and post ASAP.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been almost a year since I asked the forum this question.

NOT ONE person has run the 1/4 mile with their car to see if Mercedes REALLY gave them the power they PAID for ????????

Disappointing.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html
Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
RJF
Almost a Member!

2006 Black Opel 350 4matic
My car arrived in baltimore 3 days ago, I should have it in 2-3 days! Its a 08 e550 4matic I will do what i can (I am near englishtown, nj as well)
Old 12-04-2007, 01:18 PM

2019 C43 sedan, 2018 GLE350
to the top....

I think we're all still waiting......
Old 12-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Banned

I gotta tell you guys.....
I think it's kinda pathetic no one has ran their E550 4matics.

I thought this forum had members that were serious about auto performance.
Now,
I just don't know.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by TT C6
I gotta tell you guys.....
I think it's kinda pathetic no one has ran their E550 4matics.

I thought this forum had members that were serious about auto performance.
Now,
I just don't know.
We do, but no one really buys an E 4Matic for that kind of stuff, even if it has the nice V8.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AsianML
We do, but no one really buys an E 4Matic for that kind of stuff, even if it has the nice V8.
I totally agree with you.
I have a C6 Corvette for track days.

But, here in the Northeast, you are better off with 4matic for your daily driver.
Considering I spend the majority of my time in my daily driver,
I believe it's performance is the most important.
You should want to document the horsepower you paid for....
right?

The curb weight of your vehicle and it's 1/4 mile timeslip is the best way to calculate how much power you are TRULY.making.
I can't even find an independent test that shows the true curb weight and performance of a E550 4matic.
It's very disappointing.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

Well, January 5th and most of the tracks have closed for the season.
It's just sad......
pathetic actually.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you even own a Benz? Just wondering.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Do you even own a Benz? Just wondering.
Funny you should mention that......

I got so sick and tired of waiting for ANYONE to simply record their E550 4matic ET and MPH;that I gave up waiting.

It's funny,
the guys over at the Infiniti boards had track times up for their daily driven G35x commuter cars well within a year of the car's release.
So, I gladly bought the G35x for my daily beater because I KNOW it's a 13 second car.
Also, you can't beat it for $32,000.

I would have bought he E550 4matic if ONE person could have provided me with track times that prove the Benz is faster than the G35x.
But, no one did and now I doubt the E550 4matic IS faster than the G35x.

I hope someone finally does post a timeslip for a E550 4matic in this thread.
If so, you might earn a few more members for this forum and owners for Benz.
I might even trade my G35x for the E550 4matic.

But until I find proof that the Benz is faster:
I believe the G35x is just as fast, if not faster than the Benz.

I can't wait to see how long it takes the BMW guys to post timeslips for the 4.4L V8 twin turbo 5 series that's coming.
If those guys post a faster timeslip before you guys do,
I'll be buying a BMW next.

Big dissapointment from this forum.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Don't be disappointed. Like what other say, people generally don't buy Mercedes for that kind of stuff.

And I really don't think you can compare G35x w/ E-class, maybe more of fair comparison w/ Subaru WRX or Pontiac GTO.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 ML350 Bluetec for work, E550 for pleasure, & ML350 for my wife
Enjoy your rice
Old 01-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Funny you should mention that......

I got so sick and tired of waiting for ANYONE to simply record their E550 4matic ET and MPH;that I gave up waiting.

It's funny,
the guys over at the Infiniti boards had track times up for their daily driven G35x commuter cars well within a year of the car's release.
So, I gladly bought the G35x for my daily beater because I KNOW it's a 13 second car.
Also, you can't beat it for $32,000.

I would have bought he E550 4matic if ONE person could have provided me with track times that prove the Benz is faster than the G35x.
But, no one did and now I doubt the E550 4matic IS faster than the G35x.

I hope someone finally does post a timeslip for a E550 4matic in this thread.
If so, you might earn a few more members for this forum and owners for Benz.
I might even trade my G35x for the E550 4matic.

But until I find proof that the Benz is faster:
I believe the G35x is just as fast, if not faster than the Benz.

I can't wait to see how long it takes the BMW guys to post timeslips for the 4.4L V8 twin turbo 5 series that's coming.
If those guys post a faster timeslip before you guys do,
I'll be buying a BMW next.

Uhh....does anyone else find his reasoning to be a little silly????
Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
You were waiting to see a 1/4 mile time in order to buy a car? That is so fundamentaly ridiculous I had to read the post twice. And if one car is a tenth of a second faster because Bob in Bumblef**k says so you'll spend $68 grand on it? Go back to the Evo forums...
Old 01-12-2008, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, this thread smells of to me. He saying that if just one person posted a 1/4 mile time he was gonna go spend 70K on a car. But since nobody did, he bought a G35? Um, ever heard of Road and Track or Motortrend or Car and Driver or Edmunds or New Car Test Drive?

Thank God you didn't buy one. Now we won't be subjected to anymore of your asinine posts.

Enjoy your Nissan...ooops, I mean Infiniti.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 01-12-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned

I love it when people's true colors show on the internet.
I think it's hilarious how little some of you really know about automobiles....
and how much of an a$$hole some of you can make of yourselves.

The whole point I've been trying to make is that I can't find ONE
COMPLETE road test for a E550 4matic anywhere.
That's why I wanted to get a timeslip from someone who actually ran the car so I can AT LEAST get an IDEA of it's performance.

Curb weight, DA, and 1/4 mile trap speeds lets you know how much power a car is REALLY making.
Advertised horsepower numbers are for car commercials and consumers who know NOTHING about automobiles.

I LOVE strong performing vehicles and people who use them for their true purpose and UNDERSTAND them.
If you understood performance, you would want to know how much power your vehicle was REALLY making before you bought it.

You are right,
I'm not a snob that is going to buy a car based on PERCEIVED quality or status.
I know who I am and what I have earned.
I don't need to project an image.

I would GLADLY buy a ML63 if I was in the market for another SUV.
I would GLADLY buy a S600 if I was in the market for a LARGE sedan.
I would GLADLY buy a SL600 if I was in the market for a LUXURY convertible.

I was in the market for a daily driven luxury sedan that would offer AWD and the best performance/reliability for the money.
I think I found it with the G35x.
But, I will always be disappointed I never got the hard data to base my decision upon before I made my purchase.

It's sad that the MB owners appear not to be "performance" or "car" people like I had hoped.
I guess it's more about status around here than performance.
Sad.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe if you would've typed with a BIGGER FONT, you would've gotten your answer.

Goodbye.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:17 AM

02 ML320 Sport, 04 350z,06 E350 4matic
The power mongers/ qrtr mile runners seem to gather on the AMG boards. The E500 w/4matic would not be a typical drag car so most sensible buyers would not run trap numbers on it.
Though I wouldn't mind seeing the numbers myself I think the other sites mentioned would be easier to get data from after a year. Also I've noticed that nowadays the E500/E550 is a rare vehicle not to mention a 4matic.
My local dealer has 20 E's in inventory/transit. only 1 is an E550, 9 E350 4matics ,3 bluetecs 1 E63 and the rest E350

Enjoy your Infiniti but don't bash MB drivers because you didn't find the info you were looking for.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marshall_K
Enjoy your Infiniti but don't bash MB drivers because you didn't find the info you were looking for.
Sorry if I offended you Marshall.
My post was not targeted towards everyone on this site,
but towards those it applied to.

Thank you for bringing up the point that E550 4matics my be more limited in numbers compared to other vehicles I shopped and that that could be the reason I could not find one single magazine test or private 1/4 mile time.

I never considered the E550 a drag car, but EVERY vehicle tested by the magazines runs the 1/4 mile and it is not an abusive test.
It is the best way to truly determine how much power a vehicle is making.

Last edited by TT C6; 01-15-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Sorry if I offended you Marshall.
My post was not targeted towards everyone on this site,
but towards those it applied to.

Thank you for bringing up the point that E550 4matics my be more limited in numbers compared to other vehicles I shopped and that that could be the reason I could not find one single magazine test or private 1/4 mile time.

I never considered the E550 a drag car, but EVERY vehicle tested by the magazines runs the 1/4 mile and it is not an abusive test.
It is the best way to truly determine how much power a vehicle is making.
Having read all your posts on this subject I think I understand your reasons for wanting to find out the times of the quarter mile etc, but to say it is the best way to determine how much power a vehicle is making is just palin wrong. In your eyes it might be, but does that make it right?

I don't buy a car to do what you are suggesting, nor I suppose do the great majority of owners but does that give any one the right to insult, or make generalised sarcastic remarks about the owners? a flame needs fuel to remain glowing and are you adding to this by making the type of remarks you have, or would it be better to compliment owners? Your choice and your decision but hopefully I have not added oxygen to the fire?

Regards
John from a cold damp Torquay
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
An E550 w/o AWD usually will run in the 13.3-13.4 range in the 1/4 as per the mags. The added weight of the awd system is offsetted some by the added traction, but figure it should be 1-2 tenths behind.

An E550 4matic is a rare car, when I bought my 550 their was none on the east coast to even consider. It is also not the typical car you would see at the track, lets face it, if you are going for performance you are not going for an AWD sedan (save a few cheap ricers out there). A great example of this is all of the AMG/M/V series cars out there (all RWD). When it comes to four door sedans the added traction is not needed as much as the weight savings. Audi is living proof, their S6 is only a tenth or two ahead of an E550, it is not even in the same league as the E63 or M5.

The G35X will not be competitive against a 550 either w or w/o 4matic, their is just too much power difference. I actually think the E550 has more power than it is rated for. I have snow tires on my car now and I can readily break my tires loose over 40mph whenever I floor it. It is actually quite scary to the point I am putting my stockers back on (not too mention how horrible snows are in the rain). The car continues too amaze me with it's power.

Oh and I do readily know how much power my vehicle is making, you see I test drove it before I bought it and with so many years of drag racing behind me I can tell if a car is fast or not. I have owned 7 or 8 vettes, a couple of 300Z's one being a nasty Stillen, an tweaked RX7 and most recently I built a 440rwhp 610rwtq Avalanche that embarassed a few very expensive sports cars.

I can tell you that someone else's timeslip should have no bearing on whether you buy a $35-40m car or a $68-70m car...
Old 01-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 E350 P2 Package, Sport Package
I would GLADLY buy a ML63 if I was in the market for another SUV.
I would GLADLY buy a S600 if I was in the market for a LARGE sedan.
I would GLADLY buy a SL600 if I was in the market for a LUXURY convertible.

Yes, A lot of people would "gladly" buy these cars, but can you afford it is the question.

This has to be the most rediculous thread that I have ever seen. Asking for track times is one thing but crying and whining when you dont get them, unbelievable. Your asking someone to take their day off and go to the track, record their times and film it? Just so you can feel better about possibly purchasing a 550. People do this all the time its called convincing yourself not to do somethign b/c you can't. In this case you knew that you could not get this car for one reason or another whether it be price, or something alse and you sat on the forum for a year and asked people to do something for you that you knew they would not do.

Good luck with the G35, its a good car
Old 01-16-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
It's been almost a year since I asked the forum this question.

NOT ONE person has run the 1/4 mile with their car to see if Mercedes REALLY gave them the power they PAID for ????????

Disappointing.
Maybe no one here wants to abuse or possibly bang up an expensive car that they worked hard for. Someone might want to do it for themselves, but its highly unlikely someone's going to do it for a stranger's amusement. That would be foolish.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Maybe no one here wants to abuse or possibly bang up an expensive car that they worked hard for. Someone might want to do it for themselves, but its highly unlikely someone's going to do it for a stranger's amusement. That would be foolish.
So, do ALL the "abusive" road tests done by ALL the major auto, truck, and bike magazines "bang up" the test subjects?
No, they do not.
Your point makes no sense and shows that a lot of members really don't know that much about cars.
A 1/4 mile run can be identical to merging onto a highway from a red light.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dpr333
Yes, A lot of people would "gladly" buy these cars, but can you afford it is the question?
Typical snobby response from a stereotypical German car owner.
Check my screen name and posts.
Yes, I can afford it.

This has to be the most rediculous thread that I have ever seen. Asking for track times is one thing but crying and whining when you dont get them, unbelievable. Your asking someone to take their day off and go to the track, record their times and film it? Just so you can feel better about possibly purchasing a 550. People do this all the time its called convincing yourself not to do somethign b/c you can't. In this case you knew that you could not get this car for one reason or another whether it be price, or something alse and you sat on the forum for a year and asked people to do something for you that you knew they would not do.
The only thing more ridiculous than your poor grammar and spelling,
is your lack of knowledge.
The track is open night and weekends,
but I didn't expect a waxer or snob to know that.

Yes, true car people test their cars to see if the manufacturer's performance claims are duplicated in the real world.
Educated people like me will not buy something until it's tested by independent car magazines and/or private owners.
I never had zero problem finding independent test numbers for my Corvette AND my G35x.
I guess you are right and I gave the MB crowd too much credit.

Only a true idiot would tell someone over the internet what they are not capable of doing without knowing one single fact about them.
Nice job!
Anything else?

Good luck with the G35, its a good car
Thanks.
I KNOW the G35 is a great car.
Independent tests and owner reports have proven this.

Last edited by TT C6; 01-28-2008 at 05:38 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E550 4matic 1/4 mile timeslips and video: Someone PLEASE run their 550 and post ASAP.