E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

No Cars????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2006 | 01:34 PM
Almost a Member!

E500
No Cars????

I went to my dealer last week to plan for when my current lease runs out mid-March. We put together an E550 4matic, p2, pano, wood wheel. He just called and said that they can't get any build dates from the factory for E550 4matics. No one seems to understand why or what is going on. They have found a similar vehicle going to another dealer in Jan. except no pano.

I really wanted the pano but unless something changes, I will have to settle for this (still nice) vehicle. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Last edited by Bundy; 12-14-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2006 | 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Have the Dealer do a search at the VPC..They have pool cars that are NOT in The System
Old 12-14-2006 | 02:55 PM
Almost a Member!

E500
They checked inventory everywhere. There just aren't very many E550 4matics unclaimed. To find an unclaimed one already built with the exact options prooved unsuccessful. And getting a new one made right now seems to not be possible either.
Old 12-14-2006 | 03:48 PM
Almost a Member!

e500 4matic
I am also looking for e550 4matic p2, pano, wood wheel, sport package, and requested brown wood instead of black.which you can do as of nov 1st. color : obsidian black / black intr.
salesman thought its an easy find if i dont stand firm on the wood issue. I am also willing to give up the pano if need be.
As of today, they cannot find anything close, and building it will result in april / may delivery.............
what i am being offered is a slew of cars with parktronic, trunk closers, folding seats, options i just dont want or need.........

seems they got the amount of bugs down by building fewer cars!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2006 | 08:52 AM

'13 ML350 Bluetec for work, E550 for pleasure, & ML350 for my wife
One dealer here in MD has 5 E550 4matics on the lot.

http://www.euromotorcars.com/EMC/Bet...sda_index.html

This dealers 2nd location has 2.

http://www.euromotorcars.com/EMC/Ger...own_index.html

There seems to be an abundance of them in the Washington DC region.

David in MD
Old 12-15-2006 | 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by brlazar2
I am also looking for e550 4matic p2, pano, wood wheel, sport package, and requested brown wood instead of black.which you can do as of nov 1st. color : obsidian black / black intr.
salesman thought its an easy find if i dont stand firm on the wood issue. I am also willing to give up the pano if need be.
As of today, they cannot find anything close, and building it will result in april / may delivery.............
what i am being offered is a slew of cars with parktronic, trunk closers, folding seats, options i just dont want or need.........

seems they got the amount of bugs down by building fewer cars!!!!!!!
I see where you are located. Assume you do business with Keenan. Why not try R&S, West Chester or Wilminton Motor Car, also perhaps Massano in Rdg. Sometimes they may have one but refuse to pass it on to another dealer for whatever reason. If you walk in they will maybe sell it to you directly. Also try Devon Motor Car. Quite frankly Keenan is the worst to deal with followed by Devon.