E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Aftermarket Xenon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 SL65
Originally Posted by smb7420
Lionhead do you have any photos of the V3 Kit's light spread at night?
I like the blue on those lights.
How do they compare to OEM Bi-Xenon's(as an option)?

I've got the Bi-Xenon option on my E500, the lights are white and I'm beginning to learn about how I can get blue ones in.

I live in Chicago(near lincolnwood), How badly do you think the Colts are gonna lose?
I'm thinking 402 to 0, with Urlacher being held to under 200 points.
I also have the OEM Bi-Xenon and I just upgraded the bulb to the Philips 6000k bulbs. The kit I bought was the HID Foglights.

Good prediction. Just like a true Superfan.

I say, Bears 958,634,523 the Colts -500 and Ditka will storm the field and score 240 by himself. Daaaaaa Beaarrrssss!

Actually the Colts are favorite but if the Bears play their D like they did against the number 1 offense Saints, Good Rex comes to play, running attack like the last game and Devin Hester gets his return game going, we have a shot. I know that's alot to ask for but doable.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 PM

'06 SL65
Originally Posted by thegeneraltso
Lionhead, I like your grille. where did you get it??
Check your PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 PM

E500
well I looked up those 6k phillips blue bulbs..230 per bulb off of amazon
I'd have to see the output, more importantly the strength of the blue tint, before I spend that much on bulbs.
I'm more interested in chrome stripping my tail and headlights, not too sure how tasteful that would be on a silver E though. I'm considering tinting, just don't want to deal with the police tickets and all, but my car is always in my garage, or other garages...ehh.

Colts are a +7 favorite, not a huge margin. Peyton's awful in January, probably worst in February as time takes more of a toll, and he's a sheltered(dome) guy. I like the Bears chances.. Plus most people don't take into account the Ditka effect.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 PM

'06 SL65
Originally Posted by smb7420
well I looked up those 6k phillips blue bulbs..230 per bulb off of amazon
I'd have to see the output, more importantly the strength of the blue tint, before I spend that much on bulbs.
I'm more interested in chrome stripping my tail and headlights, not too sure how tasteful that would be on a silver E though. I'm considering tinting, just don't want to deal with the police tickets and all, but my car is always in my garage, or other garages...ehh.

Colts are a +7 favorite, not a huge margin. Peyton's awful in January, probably worst in February as time takes more of a toll, and he's a sheltered(dome) guy. I like the Bears chances.. Plus most people don't take into account the Ditka effect.
Just PM ya.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by LIONHEAD
Had them installed this morning. Haven't tried them at night yet but overall I'm happy with them. BTW...there is no flickering when startup as some kits has. This is the V3 Kit from Carlabs.

Tom...them foggies look so much better than the stock halogens! Enjoy them and take more night pics! Oh yeah, since my Chargers are out of the playoffs...I'm rooting for the Bears! $105 on the Bears with the spread and over 49 pts! Colt's run defense will collapse in the end!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:15 AM

'06 SL65
Originally Posted by W211 Ryda
Tom...them foggies look so much better than the stock halogens! Enjoy them and take more night pics! Oh yeah, since my Chargers are out of the playoffs...I'm rooting for the Bears! $105 on the Bears with the spread and over 49 pts! Colt's run defense will collapse in the end!
Hey Jeff....thanks again for the installation tips on the HID foggies. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow night as I have to bring the car in on Friday for Service B.

I just hope the Bears D will show up or else it can get ugly early! Offense win Games but Defense wins Championships.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Stealth Auto is pleased to announce that we will be carrying full HID conversion kits as well as replacement HID bulbs. All of our kits have a lifetime guarantee, come with everything needed for the install, and are currently on sale for $249.99.

To see the HID kits on our site CLICK HERE.
To see the HID replacement bulbs we offer CLICK HERE.

Here are some various images of our HID kits/bulbs. Notice the weatherproof HID ballasts with water-tight rubber seals and a durable powdercoat finish.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:27 PM

MY MB WAS LEMON'D

This is the exact reason why you don't put HID kits in halogen housings. Note: the amout of light that goes beyond the halogen cut-off point.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
1st, those 3 series headlights are NOT projectors, and 2nd if you notice even the halogen bulbs have glare in the picture.

Sorry, that was not a good argument for not getting aftermarket xenon's
Old 01-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by john doe iii

This is the exact reason why you don't put HID kits in halogen housings. Note: the amout of light that goes beyond the halogen cut-off point.
That was one of the first test cars about 2 years ago when we first started working on the kit. We simply installed HID's on the car to see a before/after comparison, which turned out to be a huge improvement.

Since almost all Mercedes vehicles now have projectors there's really nothing to worry about. Additionally, many vehicles including Infiniti G35's and many older lexus' have HID's without projectors. Just an fyi.

To make you happy, I've dug up some images of our 6000k HID bulbs in a BMW M3's PROJECTOR headlights..

Enjoy...

Last edited by StealthAuto; 01-26-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Please dont waste your time with anything over 6K kelvin. puts out a lot less light and you look like a n00b.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
guess im a n00b.