E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Active ventilated seats........wheres the magic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan Sentra
Active ventilated seats........wheres the magic?

I drove an E500 yesterday with the multicontour seats(very cool) and the active ventilated seat option. I live in Phoenix so I'd give it a good test if nothing else and I have to say I couldn't feel a damn thing. I had heard that they weren't that great so save yourself a little money unless you just want it for the gadget factor.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
I have to say the the AVS option will serve you better if you have a darker color interior, ie.. Charcoal. I have to say the you will not feel the air coming out, but you can tell the difference more so, if on a long trip. I had the pleasure to deliver a CL500 (Black/Black) to San Diego to a good client of mine and the car had this option. I used it the whole way down and it was about 95 degrees outside, but when I got there my back and the seat of my pants were completely dry!!!! I really like the option, but might not come into play as much in colder climate areas.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:02 PM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
I agree with MarcusBenz. We have the AVS on our '03 SL (Launch with charcoal leather) and it has kept us from the perspiration that normally accompanies So FL summers. Another advantage is that the seats are also heated. So, if you wanted heated seats anyway at $650 (useful only a few days a year here), you get both heated and air cooled at for $550 more.

As far as "feeling" the airflow, as opposed to just enjoying the benefit of it, I have found that it is perceptible only when wearing lightweight tropical weight wool slacks. You will not "feel" the airflow with cotton slacks. But you still get the benefit of the airflow.

Last edited by jhb; 09-22-2002 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Not only that, however, if you use the AVS with the seat warmers, you get a real nice circulation of heated air around your body.

Great for those chilly winter mornings...

Well ok, we don't have real chilly winter mornings here in So. California, but it still feels good !
Old 09-22-2002, 09:16 PM

Nissan Sentra
Well, I was wearing silk shorts and shirt. I guess I did not consider that the seats may draw air through the surface vs. forcing it through the perforation. The other thing mentioned is that I was only in the car for about a half of an hour, probably enough time to work up a sweat, but the comment that after a long drive your rear and lower back were dry is pretty compelling. I guess I expected to actually "feel" something when in fact the system is doing its job without actually blowing cold air on you and maybe I was not as observant as I could have been. Thats why I like this board.