Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by alfcruiser
Anyone experience issues with the MIC?

I installed the cradle and the bluetooth puck and can pair with my phone (Moto V3 RAZR and Moto Q9h) with no problems. The phones and car pair with no problems, and I can make outgoing calls and person receiving call can hear me with no problems.

Issue arises when I exit the car and come back later. The phone pairs with phone however now when I make a call the person receiving the call cannot hear me. This happens if they call me or I call them. The phone integration works fine, only issue is with MIC. I see COMAND has a MIC off button, this does not do anything.

I thought it was the bluetooth puck, so I exchanged it but still have issue.

When the MIC stops working, taking bluetooth puck out, or repairing does not resolve issue. I have to turn off car and wait a while before it works.

Thx,
alf

No problem here but have you upgraded to the latest COMAND software?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY12 W212 E350
I have the EURO COMAND DVD, was afraid if I upgrade it will somehow turn off the DVD/MP3 viewing capabilities.

I ran into a post by Hecdog that stated possible misconfiguration of version coding, since my car does not have Voice Control I'll have to make sure that isnt turned on.

-alf
Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 PM

2013 Ford C Max Energi, 2013 Cadillac SRX
Originally Posted by alfcruiser
Anyone experience issues with the MIC?

I installed the cradle and the bluetooth puck and can pair with my phone (Moto V3 RAZR and Moto Q9h) with no problems. The phones and car pair with no problems, and I can make outgoing calls and person receiving call can hear me with no problems.

Issue arises when I exit the car and come back later. The phone pairs with phone however now when I make a call the person receiving the call cannot hear me. This happens if they call me or I call them. The phone integration works fine, only issue is with MIC. I see COMAND has a MIC off button, this does not do anything.

I thought it was the bluetooth puck, so I exchanged it but still have issue.

When the MIC stops working, taking bluetooth puck out, or repairing does not resolve issue. I have to turn off car and wait a while before it works.

Thx,
alf

I'm having a similar problems too, I did the install back in July and had no issues at all with my RAZR, it downloaded the phone book, paired just fine, and both parties could hear each other great. Last week I bought a new Verizon Voyager, it pairs, but the phone book will not down load, and about half the time the person I call or who calls me can't hear me. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tpowel2
I'm having a similar problems too, I did the install back in July and had no issues at all with my RAZR, it downloaded the phone book, paired just fine, and both parties could hear each other great. Last week I bought a new Verizon Voyager, it pairs, but the phone book will not down load, and about half the time the person I call or who calls me can't hear me. Anyone have any suggestions?
I can help you with the phonebook download. I have a Voyager as well and there's a little trick that I figured out to get it to download:

1. After successfully pairing your phone go back to the bluetooth menu and highlight the Mercedes connection

2. Choose "drop". This will drop the connection but keep it in history.

3. Highlight the MB connection again and choose "options"

4. Choose "Send Name Card" It will then bring up all of your contacts.

5. Choose "Mark All", then "Done"

6. Go back to the bluetooth menu and highlight the MB connection again.

7. Choose Connect.

Give it a minute or two and your phonebook will download. The only downside is that whenever you add or delete a contact, you'll have to go through this procedure. But how often do you really change your contacts? Not a big deal.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 12-19-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 PM

2013 Ford C Max Energi, 2013 Cadillac SRX
WOW!!!
Thanks for the fast response! I'll try it in the morning!

Last edited by tpowel2; 12-20-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tpowel2
WOW!!!
Thanks for the fast response! I try it in the morning!
NO WAY! Go do it now. Cmon, do it! Do it!

This procedure also works for the Venus, by the way.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Benz/BMW
Hey guys, do you still think the 25% off for MBWorld members is still going on?

Great topic by the way, best one out there i've been searching a lot. I have a VCS and Command on the way, so I need to finish them off with a BT Phone
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
I'm just subscribing to this thread to see if I can pull this off in my friend's 03 E500 (that I have the pleasure of driving for a while, hehe).
Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 PM

03 E500 Sport, 03 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 06 Pro Street Chopper
jimmy, let me know where you find the parts needed. Also, I don't have the NAV system in my car. Will this still work for me?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by captrivers
jimmy, let me know where you find the parts needed. Also, I don't have the NAV system in my car. Will this still work for me?
Hmmm, don't know but the part numbers are listed in this thread towards the top. I'm purchasing the bluetooth puck from another member in here coincidentally today and can't wait to get it. It's coming along with a Euro Command and it's all plug and play since I already have the V60 cradle in my car.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 PM

keep me posted on your install.

Benzo, or anyone else still following this thread. I need to find out if this;
Q-6-82-0828 (V60 cradle short cord kit)
Includes:
Q-6-82-0833 - V60 cradle with short cord coil
Q-6-82-0768 - V60 holder
Q-6-82-0811 - Battery insert
V60 bluetooth puck
will be all I need for the install in my car and if it will even work in my car. I do not have a navigation system. My car does have the system with a smaller screen and all the telephone options(on the head unit, steering wheel and microphone).
Old 04-01-2008, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

keep me posted on your install.

Benzo, or anyone else still following this thread. I need to find out if this;
Q-6-82-0828 (V60 cradle short cord kit)
Includes:
Q-6-82-0833 - V60 cradle with short cord coil
Q-6-82-0768 - V60 holder
Q-6-82-0811 - Battery insert
V60 bluetooth puck
will be all I need for the install in my car and if it will even work in my car. I do not have a navigation system. My car does have the system with a smaller screen and all the telephone options(on the head unit, steering wheel and microphone).
I think you might be the first person to attempt this without COMAND. I have no idea what's gonna happen.

OOOOOH! I just remembered. PM user SUNILP and ask him. He's one of the people I turned to when I first attempted this. He knows everything about everything when it comes to these cars.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Thanks, I'll let you know what I find-out.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:14 PM

What differences are there between having the COMMAND sys or not having it. I'm trying to figure out if I have this feature.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What differences are there between having the COMMAND sys or not having it. I'm trying to figure out if I have this feature.
The Command has CD only and no cassette deck with a larger screen. The Command can also hook up to a Navigation trunk unit for GPS navi. The US spec. Command has a SAT or Satellite button on the top left for satellite radio while the Euro spec. Command has a Video button instead of the Sat button that plays DVD's.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

By the way, I installed a Euro Command last night and a BMW Bluetooth puck. Installation was simple and only took under 30 mins. because I was looking for the 4 screws, lol. I was able to pair my phone with the BT puck and vice versa but not with the Command or the cluster. I went back and forth with Clayton this morning (thanks brotha) and we decided I should go to the dealer.

So, I went to the stealership here and met with the shop forman, nice guy. I explained what was going on. He took the car in the back and about half hour later, I see him drive out. I jump into the car and he said he had good and bad news. He got the Euro Command and cluster to recognize the puck and pair with his Blackberry, good news! BUT, his phone book was not downloading at all although he could make and receive calls. He then showed me the same situation with his MB puck, no luck there either.

He said he couldn't figure out why the phones, my Blackberry and his, could pair with the puck, Command and cluster but not download our phonebooks. He said it might be the software in the cluster since it's a Eurospec but that he couldn't do anything more. He didn't charge me which was nice but now what do I do. Any advice anyone, especially those with Blackberrys?!

Thanks...Jimmy
Old 04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
By the way, I installed a Euro Command last night and a BMW Bluetooth puck. Installation was simple and only took under 30 mins. because I was looking for the 4 screws, lol. I was able to pair my phone with the BT puck and vice versa but not with the Command or the cluster. I went back and forth with Clayton this morning (thanks brotha) and we decided I should go to the dealer.

So, I went to the stealership here and met with the shop forman, nice guy. I explained what was going on. He took the car in the back and about half hour later, I see him drive out. I jump into the car and he said he had good and bad news. He got the Euro Command and cluster to recognize the puck and pair with his Blackberry, good news! BUT, his phone book was not downloading at all although he could make and receive calls. He then showed me the same situation with his MB puck, no luck there either.

He said he couldn't figure out why the phones, my Blackberry and his, could pair with the puck, Command and cluster but not download our phonebooks. He said it might be the software in the cluster since it's a Eurospec but that he couldn't do anything more. He didn't charge me which was nice but now what do I do. Any advice anyone, especially those with Blackberrys?!

Thanks...Jimmy

Hey man, no problem. Check your PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 PM

2007 CLS550 Designo; 2009 Mini Cooper; 2011 BMW 335d

Thanks...Jimmy
I believe it has to do with what Bluetooth profiles are supported by the software of the cell phone. I am paired with a Cingular 8125 smartphone and it does not support phonebook download. I just input the entries manually.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by locomercedes
I believe it has to do with what Bluetooth profiles are supported by the software of the cell phone. I am paired with a Cingular 8125 smartphone and it does not support phonebook download. I just input the entries manually.

Hmmm, I thought the same but others have paired their Blackberrys with phonebook download successfully. I wonder if it's because my Command is a Euro spec. I'm going to try and upgrade the Command software...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My wife's Verizon powered blackberry connects and downloads all contacts with zero problem.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
My wife's Verizon powered blackberry connects and downloads all contacts with zero problem.
My Blackberry is Verizon too! I guess my car doesn't like my phone, lol...
Old 04-11-2008, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My Blackberry is Verizon too! I guess my car doesn't like my phone, lol...
Jimmy,

Just mail me your puck and I'll test it on my US COMAND. That'll tell you for sure if it's your puck or EURO COMAND.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:47 PM

Hmmm, I thought the same but others have paired their Blackberrys with phonebook download successfully. I wonder if it's because my Command is a Euro spec. I'm going to try and upgrade the Command software...
Your answer had me thinking. My wife just got a Blackberry Pearl, which supports all profiles. So I just paired it with my Euro Comand (my wife rarely drives my car so I never attempted to pair it before) and it also DOES NOT download the phonebook. So based on your experience and mine, I'm thinking the Euro Comand does not allow phonebook download. BTW, from my previous research, if you upgrade the Comand software, it is very likely that you'll lose video in motion capability.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by locomercedes
Your answer had me thinking. My wife just got a Blackberry Pearl, which supports all profiles. So I just paired it with my Euro Comand (my wife rarely drives my car so I never attempted to pair it before) and it also DOES NOT download the phonebook. So based on your experience and mine, I'm thinking the Euro Comand does not allow phonebook download. BTW, from my previous research, if you upgrade the Comand software, it is very likely that you'll lose video in motion capability.
Right now I don't even have video in motion and it's region code 2. I need to get all that stuff done because I want to watch DVD's while I drive, lol...
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 AM

If you don't have video in motion, why did you buy the Euro Comand? I thought that was one of the main reasons one would buy an Euro Comand (along with the ability to play MP3 DVDs)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sick of waiting for ARGOS...can someone confirm these part#'s for OEM bluetooth