E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bluetec Top Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Bluetec Top Speed

So, does anyone know what the top speed of a delimited E320 Bluetec is? I'm going to take European Delivery on one in a couple months, and plan on having the limiter removed before I leave the factory (and yes, I will of course break it in properly before I take advantage of it). I'm thinking it should be pretty high, I was able to get my E220 CDI up to 244 km/h on the autobahn (even though top speed is listed as 215 from the factory), and I of course have a couple vids to prove it. One other nice thing about the 220 car is that you can set the speed limiter yourself. Regardless, anyone know what the top speed of the Bluetec will be taking into consideration the non-euro spec bluetec emissions control system?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
It's going to have H-rated tires installed, so the 130 mph limit is a very good idea.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I always drive extremely safely, I would not drive faster than the tires could accomodate. That being said, it is my understanding that European delivery cars come with higher performance tires than those delived in the states. Even so, I will request higher performance tires (I belive the W rated continentals are standard on this model in Europe). If for some reason I cannot get the factory to shod my wheels with fitting rubber, I will remove the H rated garbage and put appropriate tires on the car. Seems that an E class would be an awful waste limited to 130. Nonetheless, does anyone know what this car is capable of once liberated?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Since I always drive extremely safely, I would not drive faster than the tires could accomodate. That being said, it is my understanding that European delivery cars come with higher performance tires than those delived in the states. Even so, I will request higher performance tires (I belive the W rated continentals are standard on this model in Europe). If for some reason I cannot get the factory to shod my wheels with fitting rubber, I will remove the H rated garbage and put appropriate tires on the car. Seems that an E class would be an awful waste limited to 130. Nonetheless, does anyone know what this car is capable of once liberated?
I thnk it would still be limited to 155 which is kind of an unwritten agreement between the German car makers and the German government. In Germany you get high performance tires and 155 MPH. In the US you get H-Rated all season tires and 130 MPH.