E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

This is a mercedes Forum, please remember that..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its big and Grey!
This is a mercedes Forum, please remember that..

I am sorry, i am just getting a bit frustrated with the quality of the members that have been comming in here lately. It seems they are stuck with the Honda mentality and want to Rice out their $50+K cars to make them look "cool" . Now i realize that this is a Internet forum and i cant stop anyone from posting, but please new people.. You drive a elegant classy car. PLEASE do not destroy it and make it look trashy. I sold my 2000 Acura TL years ago to get away from that mentality and it seems to be comming over here now.

/rant off.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Prost!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
How much horsepower do you think an AMG decal would add? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
why do you have one on your ML320?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This from the man with 8000k HID kit
Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by KosherBenz
why do you have one on your ML320?
yea. i wanna put some big *** 22s on it and a fake nos bottle (pepel won't kno). i wanna slam it were it almose rubz. gonna get altezzas too and mayb get a tyte body kit. oh and ima get to huge azz subs. itll add a few hunderd pounds, but i dun care.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by AsianML
How much horsepower do you think an AMG decal would add? Thanks.
It Will Add 50 HP ONLY if the correct badges are used ..

Like this post..looking for a V8 kOMPreSsoR bAdGe

hi
i have 2003 E500 and i want to change day light bulb and license light bulb as a LED (WHiTE), and emblem of (V8 kompressor)
so i need to order them through web-site...but dont know any where can i find those parts...

so if anyguys know where can i find them, and how can i install them...

please let me know

thank you~~!~!~

As The Prices continue to drop lower and lower ..... On The USED MBs We get to see LOTS of Interesting Owners and the Mods!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Originally Posted by health services
This from the man with 8000k HID kit
Did you ever decided to paint the inside of your headlights "black"
Old 03-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
It Will Add 50 HP ONLY if the correct badges are used ..

Like this post..looking for a V8 kOMPreSsoR bAdGe

hi
i have 2003 E500 and i want to change day light bulb and license light bulb as a LED (WHiTE), and emblem of (V8 kompressor)
so i need to order them through web-site...but dont know any where can i find those parts...

so if anyguys know where can i find them, and how can i install them...

please let me know

thank you~~!~!~

As The Prices continue to drop lower and lower ..... On The USED MBs We get to see LOTS of Interesting Owners and the Mods!
I'm thinking of adding the Kompressor and Bi-Turbo badges to give me twice the power.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 258 Likes on 164 Posts
Careful, KosherBenz...your age is showing...

It's going to happen. The W211 is now almost five years old, so used cars are now becoming affordable for kids with a bit of credit. With that comes flossing the whip.

Last edited by Alan Smithee; 03-15-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
im 29, im not old.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 PM

Did you ever decided to paint the inside of your headlights "black"
Actually I thought it looked nice but since I have not seen it on a 211 yet I'll wait until after you do it. That way you'll get flamed for it first.

Besides What else would the kids do this stuff to?

'E' for Entry level right?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Actually I thought it looked nice but since I have not seen it on a 211 yet I'll wait until after you do it. That way you'll get flamed for it first.

'E' for fuel injection!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
I am sorry, i am just getting a bit frustrated with the quality of the members that have been comming in here lately. It seems they are stuck with the Honda mentality and want to Rice out their $50+K cars to make them look "cool" . Now i realize that this is a Internet forum and i cant stop anyone from posting, but please new people.. You drive a elegant classy car. PLEASE do not destroy it and make it look trashy. I sold my 2000 Acura TL years ago to get away from that mentality and it seems to be comming over here now.

/rant off.
Says the guy who bought used wheels (Wims) as a gift for his mother!!?? How much of a Honda mentality is that. There are however too many "bottom feeders" here.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Originally Posted by sosh
Says the guy who bought used wheels (Wims) as a gift for his mother!!?? How much of a Honda mentality is that. There are however too many "bottom feeders" here.
ur argumment is i misspelled "Rims" by accident? is "wim" a honda term for rims.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm sorry but in my neighborhood the kids in high school have nicer cars than I do. I know it's not brand new but last week I saw a S55 in the High School parking lot again and I consider myself in the lower middle income.

I’m sure there are plenty of kids that have access to the internet and have these ‘entry level cars’ that Mom and Dad gave them that they think are not cool. So of course they have to make do with what they have since mom and dad just wants a safe car for them.

dadson
Old 03-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
ur argumment is i misspelled "Rims" by accident? is "wim" a honda term for rims.
I think sosh is one of the guys that prefers things completely stock. Stock is good, but changes are good too. Just don't change it too much...
Old 03-15-2007, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AsianML
'E' for fuel injection!

Actually, as of 1994 you're both wrong...in the new "class" system. E is the "Executive" class. Pretty much the all-purpose car.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:35 PM

C240
Y can't we let everybody b. Y do we feel the urge to tell ppl how to run their life. Maybe becuz some of us benz owner think now that they're driving a benz, they're above n beyond the honda/toyata laymen class. Ppl Plz get a life, n mind ur own business.
Change is always good thing in my book. Good or bad, beauty is in the eye of beholder.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Actually, as of 1994 you're both wrong...in the new "class" system. E is the "Executive" class. Pretty much the all-purpose car.
Sorry I should of clarified it. It is just a term that some of the people around here say. Some (my friends and their friends) consider the 'E' class as the car for posers who want to show they have made it in life, and because of that they label the 'E' Class 'Entry level' because to them the E class is just the start of the journey not the end.

Depending how you look at it this can be good.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:09 PM

E350
Originally Posted by DesiBaba
Y can't we let everybody b. Y do we feel the urge to tell ppl how to run their life. Maybe becuz some of us benz owner think now that they're driving a benz, they're above n beyond the honda/toyata laymen class. Ppl Plz get a life, n mind ur own business.
Change is always good thing in my book. Good or bad, beauty is in the eye of beholder.
I totally agree, this is called MB World for a reason, and its for owners and their benzes whether they were stock or customized
no offense, but if you dont like what people are doing, then dont read/reply to those posts, but dont go try and verbally kick out all of those who enjoy changing a bit in their benz changing it from every1 elses...
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 R320 CDI
I agree with you Kosher! It sounds like a ghetto forum instead of MB forum here!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:47 PM

2013 GL 450

/rant off.
Are you for real? Maybe you should lighten up.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I mean this in the gentlest possible way, but I remember you (KoBenz) debating here on the Forum whether or not you should slap the Kleeman badging on your car even though you hadn't installed all they had to offer when THEY affix the lettering to the car... but it pleases you, so its all good.

Lowering an MB? ...not my particular cup of tea, but a lot of guys like it. The grilles, hood ornaments or lack thereof? Tinting, wheels that belong on this Model, and wheels that don't... just people making something someone built for them a little more personalized. Its all good clean entertainment. Badging... or lack of badging? Not a deal-breaker. Its all about discussion and comradarie, not levels of "class".

Lets just get over this, smooth it over & move on & enjoy each other's company.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 03-15-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:45 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
I personally couldn't care less about cosmetic mods, and I'm here for the discussion of mechanical/electrical/electronic-type issues. I have to admit to a little ... amusement when somebody stuffs 20" rims under his fenders, lowers his car and then complains that the tires rub. But, people are pretty good about putting descriptive titles on their posts here, and so if I don't want to read the threads about rims, "dropping", exhaust tips, spoilers, tinting, etc. etc. I don't have to. If somebody does something to their Benz that strikes me as ghetto, well, then I don't have to look. It's a reflection on the driver, not the brand. As is often said, people are free to do what they want with their cars and their money (within the limits of the law). Just because I'm not interested in what they do doesn't make it unworthy of discussion by anyone who is interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This is a mercedes Forum, please remember that..