E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E550 options? (active seats, bluetooth, etc)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 options? (active seats, bluetooth, etc)

What are active seats? I used to have a E500 that had seats that would hug you in the turn, but this E550 doesn't have it. I got the Premium 2 package, which should include active ventilated seats. The controls aren't there though.

Also how much is the phone dock, or bluetooth?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 PM

MHI Bluetooth module is $408 MHI Bluetooth Razr Cradle is $400 that is if you have the motorola razr. Give me a call at (800)910-1021 ext.211 my name is Peter if you have any questions regarding the bluetooth system. I work for AWS who does the bluetooth for Mercedes Benz.
Originally Posted by lobango
What are active seats? I used to have a E500 that had seats that would hug you in the turn, but this E550 doesn't have it. I got the Premium 2 package, which should include active ventilated seats. The controls aren't there though.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by lobango

I had those seats in my '04. They were called "Drive Dynamic Active Ventilated Seats". The bolsters inflated and deflated on turns. What you have available now is "Active Ventilated Seats". The Ventilation Controls are in the dash... the cooling button is just under the heated seat button.

The seats you had, had a switch panel in the seat frame next to the trans tunnel on each seat for massage, bolster adjustment, seat cushion thigh depth & lumbar adjustment. The new seats have the Lumbar Adjustment on the inside edge of the seat backs... a little lever, which mechanically pushes the lumbar support in & out. Aside from the heat/cool & the door switches, thats all the adjustment available. (But there's no little air hose whistle coming from behind you any more either.)

Those "Drive Dynamic Active Ventilated Seats" seats are only available now on the E 63. Although I never had a problem with them, some people did & maybe they didn't sell enough of them to bother keeping it as an option. The '07s were probably redesigned/equipped to not have any owner complaints by eliminating any and all problem areas that the 211's had. So far with 550 miles on my car, I'm very satisfied with this 211. Very.

There are so many refinements & tweaks. From the steering to the "unlock Door" button on the dash, to the simplification of the choices on the Settings menu, to scrolling thru your radio presets or the next available station... Go test drive one. Interestink... Verrrrrry interestink...

I had the dealer install the Motorola Verizon V-710 Phone & Cradle before delivery... included with my purchase price offer. You can get it from wireless4mb.com , but they sell at list so as not to compete with the dealers who they supply. It is a very $$$ negotiable item... Now that you have the car, you must negotiate with the SA who you will tip for a better price. The integration of the phone to the car is flawless & absolutely problem free. All I did is enter my few numbers that I need while driving in the car. (I leave this phone permanently cradled in the car as it is a $9.95/Mo "Family Shared Minutes Plan" phone & number.) wireless4mb.com DOES have all the answers to your questions, though. I understand that some people have complained that the Bluetooth solution, while it means only 1 phone, sometimes the car will answer your phone when you just get home and are IN the house & the car is still "warm" electrically speaking, because the range is so great from the "puck" in the parked car to the phone in your pocket.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 04-02-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:54 PM

2007 E550 and 2007 335i
Question

You wrote

"sometimes the car will answer your phone when you just get home and are IN the house & the car is still "warm" electrically speaking, because the range is so great from the "puck" in the parked car to the phone in your pocket."

I was wondering if their is a solution for that problem?
thanks

stevec32
Old 04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Unless they redesign the puck to have a shorter range, I'd guess not. The car doesn't stay "warm" too long... I don't know how long it does, though. Since I don't use Bluetooth, I'm not your best source. I read about the problem here & not wanting any problems I stayed with what I had in my last E, a phone in cradle set up. It works flawlessly.

Also remember that Bluetooth uses the Phones antenna, Phone in Cradle uses the roof mounted car phone antenna. That may or may not influence your decision.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Unless they redesign the puck to have a shorter range, I'd guess not. The car doesn't stay "warm" too long... I don't know how long it does, though. Since I don't use Bluetooth, I'm not your best source. I read about the problem here & not wanting any problems I stayed with what I had in my last E, a phone in cradle set up. It works flawlessly.

Also remember that Bluetooth uses the Phones antenna, Phone in Cradle uses the roof mounted car phone antenna. That may or may not influence your decision.
The puck stays "hot" for about 30 - 45 seconds after you shutdown the car. I've only had a problem once. I parked my car to go into a restaurant and the phone rang as soon as I shut to car door. Not a big deal if this happens once or twice a year. The ability to keep my phone in my pocket or briefcase plus the fact that my wife can hop in the car and keep her phone in her purse far outweighs the disadvantages, in my opinion.