E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New Mercedes Owner 2004 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55 AMG 2004 Silver
New Mercedes Owner 2004 AMG

First Off, I would like to say WOW, this car is FAST!
I didn't know how fast this car really was until I almost got rear ended on the highway and I floored it. Needless to say I left him in the dust.

My question is, my car has a bunch of features that I don't know how to use and the manual is crap at explaining anything. for example I saw some pictures of an mp3 disk being played and a phone installed. also the satellite radio? I cannot figure all this out? do I need to install aftermarket things to get these to work or what? please help.. carlos@cdphonehome.com
Old 04-04-2007, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by cdphonehome
First Off, I would like to say WOW, this car is FAST!
I didn't know how fast this car really was until I almost got rear ended on the highway and I floored it. Needless to say I left him in the dust.

My question is, my car has a bunch of features that I don't know how to use and the manual is crap at explaining anything. for example I saw some pictures of an mp3 disk being played and a phone installed. also the satellite radio? I cannot figure all this out? do I need to install aftermarket things to get these to work or what? please help.. carlos@cdphonehome.com
Contact Steve @www.MBENZNL.com

To Watch DVDs in Motion One will need a EURO Comand
For the Phone Items...The Blue tooth set up is great ....also add the Voice Control kit aka Hands free
MB Satelite radio can be added ..
Old 04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
It costs nothing to go into the dealership & talk to the SAs to get prices and info on this stuff. There is virtually no successful "aftermarket" electronics for an MB... its all gotta be MB stuff to work properly. (& no aftermarket people are familliar with MB electronics & inside wiring anyway)

All prices quoted by the dealership are negotiable. They'll always hit you with list 1st. You gotta win your way into someones heart to be the kind of customer they "work with".

I don't use the Bluetooth solution on my MBs. I prefer the phone in cradle solution. It is an absolutely perfect and problem free phone integration. I use the Verizon V710 MB provided phone on a "Family Share Plan" with my other Phone/Number. Check out www.wireless4mb.com for info. They charge list because they sell to the dealers and they don't want to compete... and the dealer still has to install the parts. Its a nice feature. With the Phone in Cradle, the phone MUST be a special MB phone. Its software "talks" to the COMAND & integrates the phone with the car.

MP3 CD capability was introduced at varius times during production. Some cars have it in the single slot, some don't. Its a software upgrade. Some cars CD changers have it & some dont. Thats a hardware change, I believe.

Welcome to the Forum. This is the only MB Forum you will need. Nice, Knowlegeable Guys who love their cars too. Enjoy your car too! Don't forget to add a Signature that discribes your car. ...and in your Profile add tour location. People regularly visit this forum from all over the world & the cars are equipped & work differently.

Oh yeah... We're all passionate about our cars, but none of is is correct 100% of the time. But that's what makes the feathers fly sometimes. That would be the Entertainment part of the show!

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 04-04-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
. . . With the Phone in Cradle, the phone MUST be a special MB phone. Its software "talks" to the COMAND & integrates the phone with the car. . .
Barry, I am using the same cradle setup as you are. I use a regular Verizon Motorola E815, not a special MB phone, and it integrates with the COMAND flawlessly. All I had to do was buy was the cradle from the parts counter and click it into my car.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Nice! Glad you tried that 1st & got to save some bucks. (Who is your Service Provider?) My phone & cradle was negotiated in my offer on the car including the MB phone & cradle, so I didn't pay list.

Isn't the integration flawless? Nice to use the car's outside antenna too. Thats why I didn't choose Bluetooth, even though my LG 8300 Verizon Belt Phone is a Bluetooth enabled handset.