Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by jimm
. . . How is Xenon pronounced?
ZEE non
Old 05-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Almost a Member!

dont forget that the quality of the optics will give you the purplish/blue hue at the outer edge of the lens...it's psyhics and you cant really get rid of that. but the quality of the lens makes a HUGE difference in the way the light is cast. I know that Audi DOT projectors have concentric rings on the flat side of the half circle lens...this i believe it meant to help diffuse the light a little more. Saw them w/ the A4's bi-xenons as well. Hella makes some of the better lens for xenons and the ones one the Honda S2000 are exceptional. The cut off and the beam spread is just amazing.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by foofighter
dont forget that the quality of the optics will give you the purplish/blue hue at the outer edge of the lens...it's psyhics...
Its called Chromatic Abberation (The splitting of white light into its color spectrum components) and is caused by the Index of Refraction of the material the lens is made of, (how well the material refracts light) and the fact that the rays of light is NOT bent (or focused thru the Optical Center of the lens, and the further from the O.C. of the lens you go, the more it IS bent, or refracted.)

Also the Polycarbonate outer shell of the headlight assembly induces Chromatic Abberation.

(I'm a Regular Guy by night, Optician by Day.)
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Its called Chromatic Abberation (The splitting of white light into its color spectrum components) and is caused by the Index of Refraction of the material the lens is made of, (how well the material refracts light) and the fact that the rays of light is NOT bent (or focused thru the Optical Center of the lens, and the further from the O.C. of the lens you go, the more it IS bent, or refracted.)

Also the Polycarbonate outer shell of the headlight assembly induces Chromatic Abberation.

(I'm a Regular Guy by night, Optician by Day.)
see so i wasnt bs'ing so yah what Barry said