Need help sourcing AMG Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h
Angry Need help sourcing AMG Wheels

Hi fellas,
The woman just called the office and it seems she was involved in a little bit of an accident. Apparently, she driving into the coply mall parking lot when this deviant sped through the garage, nearly hitting her. She avoided the car, but drove over a cement divider.

In any case, I need to find a rear W211 AMG wheel and tire. Can anyone guide me to a vendor?

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h
I should note, I called the stealer and they're telling me I have to replace ALL my tires and they won't sell me just a single wheel/tire combo, siting liability issues.

ridiculous.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Yeah! Years ago, I used to laugh when a repair shop would insist that they had to sell me a pair of rear shocks because of dangerous poor handling which would arise out of replacing only the leaking/damaged one.

However, when one of the rears failed and had to be replaced under warranty, they would only replace the damaged one, and they assured me that that was OK. I guess bad the handling depended on who had to payfor the shock!

I would talk to another, more honest Dealer or SA. or buy the damn wheel & tire on line.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sold - w211 e320, f250, rx7 race car
There are two different W211 AMG wheels - e63 and e55. In either case, have it repaired. It will run you about $150 for the wheel and another $275 for a Conti if you still have stock tires. You aren't going to get a better deal on a rim and no sense in buying a used tire. I recently hit some "city *******" and blew out the driver side tires damaging both wheels, any good rim repair shop can make it look like new again. I've had both e63 and e55 rims repaired. Check your yellow pages or something like this http://www.fixrim.com/

Personally I have used this place http://www.wheelrepairbyadam.com/wheelrepair/home.html
Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Actually...there are 3 AMG wheels available...E63, E55, and the E320s/500s that came with the AMG package. If the surface just received scratches/gashes, I would recommend having it refinished and buffed out as mbuskuhl suggested. If the rims are bent, she's probably better off just getting a new rim. Try visiting one of the sponsors on here. www.tirerack.com

Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 E500 Benz & 2015 BMW M235ix
Originally Posted by MikTrebla09
Hi fellas,
The woman just called the office and it seems she was involved in a little bit of an accident. Apparently, she driving into the coply mall parking lot when this deviant sped through the garage, nearly hitting her. She avoided the car, but drove over a cement divider.

In any case, I need to find a rear W211 AMG wheel and tire. Can anyone guide me to a vendor?

Thanks!
tirerack.com has a few AMG wheels at discount prices. Also, check ebay.....they have some companies posting discount prices on AMG wheels either new or reconditioned.