E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

reuse brake sensors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 06:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 GLK 250 BT
reuse brake sensors & rear shoes?

I'm about to do a brake job on my 05 E320 CDI. And wondering whether to get the brake sensors or not. I'm actually changing the pads and rotors before their worn (going to dustless pads). So would I be able to reuse the existing sensors since they haven't been worn down and refit them into the new pads?

And typically how long do the rear shoes last, ie. e-brake shoes?

Last edited by seahonu; 05-10-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: title
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by seahonu
I'm about to do a brake job on my 05 E320 CDI. And wondering whether to get the brake sensors or not. I'm actually changing the pads and rotors before their worn (going to dustless pads). So would I be able to reuse the existing sensors since they haven't been worn down and refit them into the new pads?
Since you have bought all new brake items...why Not go ahead and buy the pad sensors?

The Sensors can be Tough to remove as they are pressed into the pads and can break off inside the pads..

I Have done Several brake jobs and I Would replace the sensors
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seahonu

are you going through MB for the Brakes or are you going to someone else?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:28 AM

2015 GLK 250 BT
Long story short, I acquired cross-drilled rotors off ebay (only $215 shipped), R4S pads from Porterfield, and stainless steel brake lines from Goodridge.

The long story was that I had considered upgrading the brakes to AMG or atleast vented rears but nothing really indicated that my E320 CDI was lacking in anyway so left the calipers alone. But definitely had to address the OEM brake dust by replacing with Porterfield R4S pads.