E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

OEMPartsDirect troubles...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
OEMPartsDirect troubles...

Don't know if anyone else has had trouble with them, but I sure am. I've ordered from them and always get an attentive Jaime Pickard on the line. In fact, I secured a 25% discount for us mbworld members during the BT cradle install craze. I continue to hear people currently order successfully from him.

However, in my case, I returned the cradle he sent me, since he sent me (and another member) the wrong part. It cost me hundreds of dollars to find out the part he sent was the wrong part. Anyway, I sent the part back amonth ago. Two weeks ago, after complaining to the manager, I get an email from Jaime:

The one item that you returned is part of a kit. There is not specific part number for the cradle that I received back from you. I am also speaking to [another member's name] on trying to get this worked out as he returned the same item. Please be patient as I try to work this out.
Jamie
In the meantime, I have called at least 9-10 times trying to get credit back. I never got a call back. Until I called the manager, Michael Whitham, who returned my call only to tell me he was returning my call and would get back to me regarding the credit. That was 2 weeks ago. No one ever calls back. Then I hear people successfully ordering from Jaime in the recent days.

Do you guys see? Poor, poor customer service. I have yet to see any credit. It's just not worth it to me, saving a few dollars on the front end, just to be frustrated on the back end.

This is the first of this kind of rant I have EVER posted. I moderate the m3forum and used to frown upon these kinds of threads. But, I have tried everything with these guys. And I'm always very polite and grateful when I call and talk to someone.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by hecdog
Don't know if anyone else has had trouble with them, but I sure am. I've ordered from them and always get an attentive Jaime Pickard on the line. In fact, I secured a 25% discount for us mbworld members during the BT cradle install craze. I continue to hear people currently order successfully from him.

However, in my case, I returned the cradle he sent me, since he sent me (and another member) the wrong part. It cost me hundreds of dollars to find out the part he sent was the wrong part. Anyway, I sent the part back amonth ago. Two weeks ago, after complaining to the manager, I get an email from Jaime:

In the meantime, I have called at least 9-10 times trying to get credit back. I never got a call back. Until I called the manager, Michael Whitham, who returned my call only to tell me he was returning my call and would get back to me regarding the credit. That was 2 weeks ago. No one ever calls back. Then I hear people successfully ordering from Jaime in the recent days.

Do you guys see? Poor, poor customer service. I have yet to see any credit. It's just not worth it to me, saving a few dollars on the front end, just to be frustrated on the back end.

This is the first of this kind of rant I have EVER posted. I moderate the m3forum and used to frown upon these kinds of threads. But, I have tried everything with these guys. And I'm always very polite and grateful when I call and talk to someone.

BLECK!!!

Damn Hector, sorry to hear about this. It's so funny (not really) that when we were all sending them hundreds of dollars for bluetooth parts, he always returned our calls. Hell, I even inquired about buying something else recently and got an email back from him with 48 hours. But now since you're trying to get a credit it's like **cricket....cricket....cricket**

I've referred so many people towards Jaime and now I feel like a dope. I hope it all works out for you in the end.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 PM

I know. I referred a bunch of folks there too. I read a thread a while ago about similar issues with Jaime.

He was great taking orders and charging my card, no doubt. The odd thing is that I have spoken to 4 other parts dept employees, who swear they'll give my message personally to Jaime, yet I never hear back from them nor Jaime. Just the one email I posted is all I've evr gotten--oh and the call back from the manager, telling me he'd call me later. That's the last time for me. As soon as I get me credit back, it's over for me...no more jaime.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Call your credit card issuing Bank at the 800 number on the back of the card, or better yet write them. They will immediately pull the money from their account & credit it to yours, without further ado. Then its up to the Merchant to prove to the issuer that you are in the wrong. The Merchant usually loses, or is too busy to document everything to the Banks satisfaction.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
well in that case im kinda glad now they have not returned my email and answer my phone calls
Old 06-13-2007, 04:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
OEM Parts

I spoke with Jaime a couple of weeks ago, regarding parts for my 05. His wife has had some serious surgery recently. Probably a difficult time for him, but if you are in a business, you must keep your end going. I ended up getting the parts from my dealer because of availablilty.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Thanks for the info. Went to favorites,, MB Parts,, right clicked and selected Delete. Parts will be from other suppliers until this firm can close on service. I get excellent service from a supplier that is in New Orleans, at least so far on all that i have ordered. Order on Monday AM it arrives Tues PM. Jim
Old 06-13-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you give us the info about this parts supplier?

I was very frustrated with my experience with Jamie at the end of the 'bluetooth craze'. It took a long time to respond and he stated that I needed completely different parts than was listed in the PDF installation guide. (These parts cost many $$$$ more!) No response when I wrote back asking to double check. Also, no 25% discount because of the delay in the order. I've been stuck with the wrong electronics parts before and didn't want to be stuck with a $1000 bluetooth paperweight.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:56 PM

I just spoke with Michael Whitham, the manager, who confirmed that Jaime is working there today. He said he was going over there now to speak with him to resolve this matter. Michael is to call me back today.

Again, I was very polite and grateful.

Last edited by hecdog; 06-13-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:02 PM

So I just spoke with Michael Witham. He explained the entire situation. Apparently, what I sent back (the cradle) was part of a kit. It cannot be returned without the other components in the kit. I only received the one item, the cradle, and not the other items in the kit. Jaime is sure he sent me all the items in the kit.

Michael Witham, in very good faith, will credit me back the entire amount that I paid for the kit, even though he doesn't have the second part of the kit. They are genuinly apologetic for the mix up, and after speaking with Michael, I believe him to be sincere and am pleasantly surprised by his gesture.

As for the communication issues, I had a good long talk with him. It is true that Jaime has had personal challenges. My prayers go out to him and his family for a speedy resolution. He said they would look into improving their communication and that there is no excuse for a lack thereof.

I think this is a good sign for us, since they have been so kind to our community in the past. Perhaps we can nogotiate an extension of their 25% discount.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
thats cool glad everything is staighten out...that 25% discount i can sure use too since i got a 2006 and need everything

as of now im still waiting for a reply on an email i sent them about 2 weeks ago though..........
Old 06-14-2007, 12:07 PM

Keep me posted of any news about a new discount. I was able to find the part numbers for a 2005 kit and am interested if the price is right....
Old 06-15-2007, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by traumatic
Keep me posted of any news about a new discount. I was able to find the part numbers for a 2005 kit and am interested if the price is right....
I have a feeling we'd get news about any discount here in this thread. Jaime himself might find the inspiration to post.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 AM

Good morning. This is Jamie Pickard, and many of you know the comapny I work for. I am not going to mention the name so as not to promote the company without being a sponsor. First let me apologize to each and every member who has been frustrated with me and our company. This endeavor started as a "let's see what can happen" idea. The key craze back in the first of the year really showed me the direction that we can go. I am also the parts manager of a 5 carline dealership, with only 4 other employees, so when I have one person out, it puts a great strain on me. I have also had a life changing event with my wife that has made me realize that life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.
I do not want to sound like I am just trying to make excuses. I just want you all to know that very shortly I will be focusing all of my attention to the website. Currently I do most of my work between 5-7 on the site, because that is when I have the time. I am also working closely with the comapny that provides the catalogs to continue to make it better all the time.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any problems that have arisen in the past, and know that in the coming weeks, I will be 100% focused on taking care of you, my customers.
As far as a way to mend the bridge, I will extend the previous discount to all members for as long as you are a member.
Hector, since I do not want to promote my site, will you please explain to use the same code, and the discount amount. Again I will extend this discount for all members forever.
Thank you for your continued support and business.
Jamie
Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by MRPICK
Good morning. This is Jamie Pickard, and many of you know the comapny I work for. I am not going to mention the name so as not to promote the company without being a sponsor. First let me apologize to each and every member who has been frustrated with me and our company. This endeavor started as a "let's see what can happen" idea. The key craze back in the first of the year really showed me the direction that we can go. I am also the parts manager of a 5 carline dealership, with only 4 other employees, so when I have one person out, it puts a great strain on me. I have also had a life changing event with my wife that has made me realize that life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.
I do not want to sound like I am just trying to make excuses. I just want you all to know that very shortly I will be focusing all of my attention to the website. Currently I do most of my work between 5-7 on the site, because that is when I have the time. I am also working closely with the comapny that provides the catalogs to continue to make it better all the time.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any problems that have arisen in the past, and know that in the coming weeks, I will be 100% focused on taking care of you, my customers.
As far as a way to mend the bridge, I will extend the previous discount to all members for as long as you are a member.
Hector, since I do not want to promote my site, will you please explain to use the same code, and the discount amount. Again I will extend this discount for all members forever.
Thank you for your continued support and business.
Jamie
Jamie,

Thanks for the update. First of all, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I agree that family comes first and you definately shouldn't sweat the small stuff. I certainly appreciate the fact that you took the time to post here. That tells me that you care about your customers. A little gesture like this goes a long way with people like me. I'll be sure to look towards you first for all of my OEM needs. As a matter of fact, I need to replace rotors again but unfortunately, your site says you don't carry the fronts for my car

Thanks again for you great prices and support in the past and I look forward to sending you my life's savings in the future as I'm always buying crap for my car
Old 06-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Thanks Jaime for posting. You guys are in a great position to secure the spot as the main online parts supplier to the Mercedes Benz online community. It's a wise choice to dedicate more resources to the endeavor.

Here's the info on the 25% Lifetime discount:

Discount code:

Type it in on the notes section at check out.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM

Anytime you run across an item that does not show up in the online catalog, shoot me an email and I will be happy to look up the parts for you on our EPC.
If it is available from Mercedes,I can get it for you.
Jamie
Old 06-29-2007, 02:02 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
I hope that the service gets better. I just had a transaction with Jaime and called and left 8 messages and never got a response. I then emailed him and got a quicker response. I ordered some parts, asked for advice and was sent 1 wrong part. I emailed Jaime about it and I asked if I could return it as it wasn't the right part. He's never responded.

I'm a bit irked with the level of service I've received from him thus far and hope things get better.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by slowrey
I hope that the service gets better. I just had a transaction with Jaime and called and left 8 messages and never got a response. I then emailed him and got a quicker response. I ordered some parts, asked for advice and was sent 1 wrong part. I emailed Jaime about it and I asked if I could return it as it wasn't the right part. He's never responded.

I'm a bit irked with the level of service I've received from him thus far and hope things get better.
Oempartsdirect is great if you know exactly what to order and know the part #, I have had a couple painless transactions with them. I would suggest milking the local mb dealer parts dept. to get the info you need and order it from oempartsdirect for the great prices.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:37 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
But should you be able to ask what parts are needed since their website is VERY incomplete?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:44 AM

Sorry guys, it was not a good 2 weeks for me and my family. As I posted earlier, I am going to focus more on taking care of you guys. You are my best customers. I am restructuring my department to be able to serve you guys better, but it is slow going finding the right people. Bear with me, I am updating my voicemail daily so that if you do call, you will know if I am in the store or not. Also, email seems to work better, because I can log on from home if I am not at work. Thanks for you patience.
Jamie
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by MRPICK
Sorry guys, it was not a good 2 weeks for me and my family. As I posted earlier, I am going to focus more on taking care of you guys. You are my best customers. I am restructuring my department to be able to serve you guys better, but it is slow going finding the right people. Bear with me, I am updating my voicemail daily so that if you do call, you will know if I am in the store or not. Also, email seems to work better, because I can log on from home if I am not at work. Thanks for you patience.
Jamie

Thanks for the update Jaimie I hope to continue my parts ordering through you. I just sent you an email regarding phone kits for my 2006 C55.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:12 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Just an update. Oempartsdirect only accepts payment via Paypal and unfortunately the paypal link does not work correctly.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Good day all.
This is Jamie Pickard, and I just wanted to let you all know that I was fired about 3 weeks ago. The GM of our store wants to go in a different direction than I do, so he let me go. From what I have heard, the other guys have not been taking care of you guys, and for that I am sorry. Yes they turned off the credit card access, and tomorrow the site will be shut down. Thank you for all of your business in the past and good luck and godspeed to all of you.

Jamie
Old 09-07-2007, 12:28 AM

Hello, everyone.

My name is Chris Stump, and I am Jamie Pickard's replacement, such as it is.

I worked with Jamie for 18 months before he left our company, and I'm very sad to see how things ended up. I realize that he's in a better position to make a good life for his family, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

That being said, I'd like to ask, once again, for a small amount of patience and understanding as I acclimate myself to this position. I am transitioning into this position from another in the dealership, so I'm trying to juggle two entire sets of job responsibilities at the same time.

I want you all to understand that I am not trying to blow you all off, or that I'm unconcerned about returning your phone calls or answering your emails. I'm doing everything I can, short of building a bed in the back of the warehouse, to do both jobs to the best of my ability. It is a supremely difficult task, however, and I am doing everything I can to position myself to devote 100% of my time to the website and none whatsoever to my old position. I recognize that quite a few of you have been loyal customers, and for that I send out a hearty thank you.

Due to a wave of chargebacks that hit us as a result of fraudulent charges, we were forced to remove credit card orders from our website for the immediate future. I am currently in talks with the powers that be at our dealership to re-open credit card usage as it only makes sense to utilize them. I'd like to think that this issue will be resolved before the end of September.

Again, I'd like to apologize for all of the bad blood that may have inadvertently been created over the course of the past 8 weeks or so. If any of you have concerns about anything, please feel free to drop me a line at paypal _ at_ hammersley _ dot _ com.

Thanks, everyone.

Chris

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEMPartsDirect troubles...