Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
No trade-in.

Straight cash purchase.

So for now I'll say I got a good deal. Thank you.

Originally Posted by BudC
There is $5,000 cash to dealer trunk money on 2007's not 2008's. I'd say you got a good deal but things could get murky if you have a trade-in. There are a lot of pitfalls when you trade cars and the best thing to do is try to get what the Kelly Blue Book or the Black Book says it's worth on a trade-in. Of course the dealer doesn't have to give you that and may tell you that he can't sell your trade for what KBB says he can. You are now in a gray area where things aren't so black and white as they would be if you were just going to write a check for the full amount.

Obviously, the best thing to do is sell your car yourself. Otherwise, you'll just have to decide if the dealer is being fair with you on the trade.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post No Cooling Off in California...

Originally Posted by Vik888
No trade-in.

Straight cash purchase.

So for now I'll say I got a good deal. Thank you.
Its all irrelevant anyways... Why does it matter if you got a good deal or not... There is "no cooling off period"... Haven't you seen the signs! j/k You love your new car, you are enjoying it and are happy with it.

Anyways... you have a 2008 model that is just rolling into the dealers. Economy 101... supply and demand. Obviously as the dealer start getting more and more in... they will discount more and more.

The more you start poking into this, especially in a few weeks, you'll perhaps see that other people are getting "better deals". Rest assure this my friend. But for now... You are the only one zipping down the street with an 08 so claim your bragging rights and enjoy. At least you got the car below invoice.

So I say good job for getting a 2008 V8 Merc below invoice.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 S550 4Matic;2012 Suburban; '05 FLHTCSE;'06 S 4300 Tiara
Hmm, interesting thread. I've been lurking here and on a couple of e60 BMW forums for a couple of weeks. My lease on my present car (large American SUV) is about ready to run out and just for fun went down to the local dealer and drove a E550 4matic. Whoa, I liked it a lot but the dealer wanted 2500 over invoice and I started looking at a 535xi instead. I like the 5 series BMW but the lease rates are high right now especially for the 535's. I just learned that M-B has $5000 in dealer cash available since 7/4. My local dealer sold the car I test drove and hasn't responded to my email re: the cash, i.e. why didn't he mention it to me. I located another E550 4matic with fewer options that can be had for several thousand under invoice and I'm about to pull the trigger on it. I was going to wait until next week and see what the new M F is but I'm beginning to think I should lock this one in now as I'm concerned there may not be many left. Any thoughts?