E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

A/C Control Unit change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 04:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211
No offense, but the search button was used... Why else would I be posting in a 7yr old thread?

And you did not answer my question, was more of "if the direction is uncontrollable where does the air come out of" part
Old 02-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD

Last edited by Plutoe; 02-22-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Quote------passenger airflow distribution doesn't work meaning we can't direct to the foot wells or the top? if so where is the default set direct the air flow?-----Unquote

Quote----And you did not answer my question, was more of "if the direction is uncontrollable where does the air come out of" part -----Unquote

I must be blind, however I can't find where you asked that question in your original post!!---Now as an after thought(second post) you are now asking a question----My answer is as follows----

For any given fan speed, a given amount(cfm) of air is distributed throughout the system based upon where the driver selects(see your owners manual).

To direct the air to where the driver selects, the system includes motorized flaps. The flaps open and close to direct the air flow as requested by the driver(push buttons)

Now if the button is defective that part of the distributing will not work-----If a flap within the selected air distribution is faulty air will or will not be distributed as designed-------it will go elsewhere.

First read your manual------then turn on the system-----then select the distribution and compare that distribution that is displayed in the owners manual with the locations of where the air is actually coming out----Now you can answer the question where does the air go???----You either have a bad control unit or a bad flap motor.

Once again if you had the proper diagnostic tools you would have that answer in five minutes.
see red highlighted

kind of hard to diagnose the issue when we are talking about retrofitting a new model climate control into an older vehicle. haven't purchased the new climate control so i once again cannot diagnose issues i do not have. if you read the rest of the thread or simply the title you would understand what i was asking.

but yes you did answer my question this time around, thank you for that. however, i did find it on another forum.. just didn't feel like coming back to argue over where air is directed.

thanks again