E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 Mud Flaps question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by nopcbs
There is only one version of the oem mud flaps. They are black plastic and are intended to be painted by the owner or not. I think that for a non-metalic white, like I have, Krylon spray paint for plastic would work fine. At least for the part not facing the tires.

- nopcbs
I doubt Krylon paint would hold up. Ddue to the high degree of flex in the mud flaps the paint would likely crack and flake off.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Krylon plastic paint

I painted a piece of PVC that is part of our irrigation system with Krylon plastic-coat paint a few years ago. This sits in the sun each day and there is a sprinkler had at the top of the ~5-foot long length of PVC. When the sprinkler runs the pipe sways/bends quite a bit. No indication of any damage or wear so far. Mud flaps, if properly dsigned, are actually not very flexible...unless they are the cheap rubber type. These are not. I doubt that there would be any issue with the Krylon plastic paint product. Remember, all the flexible plastic parts on a car come painted, anymore, including bumper covers that flex and get whacked w/o damage.

This is not your mother's Krylon paint.

Great stuff.

- nopcbs

Originally Posted by Oggie (on L.I.)
I doubt Krylon paint would hold up. Ddue to the high degree of flex in the mud flaps the paint would likely crack and flake off.