E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Newbie to E Class can someone help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 SS, 2004 E320
Newbie to E Class can someone help

Hello i just got out of my 05 c230 for a 04 e320 and i have a few questions if someone can help me , the dealer i bought the car from told me that the car has nav even though when i hit the 'NAV' button on the radio it sais 'navigation not available' does that mean the car needs the navi cd or did it not come equipted with nav? and also the SAT button sais 'satalite radio unavailble' is this something i have to but at my mb dealer or do i need to activate the subscription, I wish someone could help me and also near the gear shifter theres a button that looks like a shock and when i click it , it sais something about sport mode and also theres another button and when i click it , it sais car rising i know im asking stupid questions but i just got the car and im icited if someone out there could help it would be awsome
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Almost a Member!

'05 e320
Originally Posted by GusGusZ
Hello i just got out of my 05 c230 for a 04 e320 and i have a few questions if someone can help me , the dealer i bought the car from told me that the car has nav even though when i hit the 'NAV' button on the radio it sais 'navigation not available' does that mean the car needs the navi cd or did it not come equipted with nav? and also the SAT button sais 'satalite radio unavailble' is this something i have to but at my mb dealer or do i need to activate the subscription, I wish someone could help me and also near the gear shifter theres a button that looks like a shock and when i click it , it sais something about sport mode and also theres another button and when i click it , it sais car rising i know im asking stupid questions but i just got the car and im icited if someone out there could help it would be awsome
NAV dvd will cost you around a grand five for installation, and i dunno about the sat but im assuming its a subscription... the button is for sport/comfort, comfort accelerates in 2nd gear... and as for car rising, im assuming you got the hydrolic suspension

Last edited by toubia320; 08-03-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Congratulations,

First of all, the easiest way to find out what came with your car is to have the dealer print out the data card for it. This will list all the things that Mercedes put into your car during the manufacturing proceess. The dealer will need the VIN number of the car to do it.

The Navigation option and the Satellite radio option are part of the P1 or P2 option packages.

If you have Satellite radio, you will have to subscribe to Sirius Radio to activate the service. Go to www.sirius.com for more information.

If the data card shows your car came with the Navigation system, you need to verify that it hasn't been removed. The DVD player is in the trunk on the street side and you open a flap to check for it. If it is there, I would make sure it has the DVD. If not, then I'd ask the seller for it.

Finally, I'd make sure the seller stood behind things. If they told you it had the Nav system, make them produce it and the DVD and get it to work.

Good luck.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Almost a Member!

hy
similar button besides my gear knob... I have a w/s switch... I really didnt see any difference while driving under the 'w' option vs the 's' option...

what does w and s stand for and what does this switch do... thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Originally Posted by kumiyer
similar button besides my gear knob... I have a w/s switch... I really didnt see any difference while driving under the 'w' option vs the 's' option...

what does w and s stand for and what does this switch do... thanks
W stands for Winter which amounts to the same thing as the C (Comfort) that replaces it on some cars. It means the car starts in second gear and the shift points are extended farther apart than the S which simply means something like Standard.

W or C mode makes it easier to start on slippery surfaces.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:30 PM

W164 ML350, S211 E500 4MATIC T, Specialized FSR
....also near the gear shifter theres a button that looks like a shock and when i click it , it sais something about sport mode and also theres another button and when i click it , it sais car rising....
There are 2 buttons below the gearshift. the 'shock' symbol [left side] will raise the car by approx 1 inch so you can drive in snow or other diff road condition at reduced speed; if you increase speed the car will lower itself to your other setting which is the button to the right that has 3 levels; comfort [no light illuminated] or Sport I and Sport II.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Almost a Member!

hy
Originally Posted by gonsorellie
There are 2 buttons below the gearshift. the 'shock' symbol [left side] will raise the car by approx 1 inch so you can drive in snow or other diff road condition at reduced speed; if you increase speed the car will lower itself to your other setting which is the button to the right that has 3 levels; comfort [no light illuminated] or Sport I and Sport II.
I wish I had these settings on my 03 E320
Old 08-04-2007, 09:07 AM

2005 C230 SS, 2004 E320
Im really p.o b/c the guy told me it had navi so i took his word, I went to my local mb dealer where i bought my 05 c230 and he told me all e's have the command radio but not the nav installed so i was pretty t.o i called the seller i bought it from he told me it was sold as is and in the contract we both signed theres nothing partaining to the car having nav, So im stuck i found a guy though in nyc with the nav drives and for 1300 installed he will put it in i just have to drive to nyc, GOOD DEAL or no?