Quick headlight question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E-320 and a '98 Mustang GT Convertible
Quick headlight question

So i just bought a '04 E-320 a couple of days ago... dont know the specs...any kind of MB lingo... so please keep that in mind when replying...

So I hear you cant install these...

in your 2nd headlights with out there being a problem? can someone please elaborate?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xxwhitecastlexx
So i just bought a '04 E-320 a couple of days ago... dont know the specs...any kind of MB lingo... so please keep that in mind when replying...

So I hear you cant install these...

in your 2nd headlights with out there being a problem? can someone please elaborate?
Just about worthless as you just about need a flash light to see them. But I left them on mine only because it gave the car a different look. Don't open the package and return them or sell them on ebay.

To make them work you just run another small bulb in parallel.

The Leds I seen so far suck in this application. Not bright enough to do anything. After spending about $100 on three sets of Leds I give up.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by health services
Just about worthless as you just about need a flash light to see them. But I left them on mine only because it gave the car a different look. Don't open the package and return them or sell them on ebay.

To make them work you just run another small bulb in parallel.

The Leds I seen so far suck in this application. Not bright enough to do anything. After spending about $100 on three sets of Leds I give up.
basically what I was looking to do... change it up a bit and make everything look hyper white... any other suggestions on how to do so?

why would you need a smaller bulb to run in parallel? how would you do so?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
LEDs draw next to nothing, when you install them the computer sees a very low amperage being drawn and therefore assumes the lightbulb is blown out.

If you run a bulb in paralell you will draw the correct amount of amperage (slightly more due to the led) and the computer will be ok.

The best solution is to mount a 500 ohm (milliohm??) resistor in paralell with the LED bulb. With this setup you will be drawing less than the 5 milliwatts that the OEM bulb does, however you will be drawing enough current not to trip the computer. The resistor was so small I was able to mount it INSIDE the bulb holder!

PS: Does anyone know some LED wedge bulbs that are 8000k in color. I bought a set that claim to be 8500k but they are noticably more white in color when compared to my 8000k HIDs.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by W Cole
LEDs draw next to nothing, when you install them the computer sees a very low amperage being drawn and therefore assumes the lightbulb is blown out.

If you run a bulb in paralell you will draw the correct amount of amperage (slightly more due to the led) and the computer will be ok.

The best solution is to mount a 500 ohm (milliohm??) resistor in paralell with the LED bulb. With this setup you will be drawing less than the 5 milliwatts that the OEM bulb does, however you will be drawing enough current not to trip the computer. The resistor was so small I was able to mount it INSIDE the bulb holder!

PS: Does anyone know some LED wedge bulbs that are 8000k in color. I bought a set that claim to be 8500k but they are noticably more white in color when compared to my 8000k HIDs.
Do you have a pic of this?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Originally Posted by xxwhitecastlexx
Do you have a pic of this?
I was thinking about taking pics of the install. I'll take it apart and take pics of what I did. Basically if you pull the bulb holder out of the headlight and then pull the wedge bulb out of the holder, looking from the top (the side where the bulb was) you will see 2 metal prongs. On the sides of the bulb holder about half way up will be 2 small "snaps" that hold these prongs into place. Gently push these in, then you can pull out the prongs from the top. I soldered the resistor between these 2 prongs, then slid everything back together.