E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Radio Just Shut Off For No Reason?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 SS, 2004 E320
Radio Just Shut Off For No Reason?

Hello I Have A 04 E320 And Ive Noticed That Lately When I Drive Somewhere Around 30-45 Mins The Command Unit And Sound Completely Shuts, But On The Display On The Gauges It Still Sais What Track Im Listening To I Keep Pressing The Power Button And Just The Mb Logo Comes Up And Then Turns Off Again My Cd Changer Wont Open Nor Will The Cd Change On My Gauges Until At Last I Have To Pull Over Turn The Car Off For A Few Mins Then Start The Car And The Cd Plays Again And The Radio Works Fine , Anyone Else Had This Problem?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by GusGusZ
Hello I Have A 04 E320 And Ive Noticed That Lately When I Drive Somewhere Around 30-45 Mins The Command Unit And Sound Completely Shuts, But On The Display On The Gauges It Still Sais What Track Im Listening To I Keep Pressing The Power Button And Just The Mb Logo Comes Up And Then Turns Off Again My Cd Changer Wont Open Nor Will The Cd Change On My Gauges Until At Last I Have To Pull Over Turn The Car Off For A Few Mins Then Start The Car And The Cd Plays Again And The Radio Works Fine , Anyone Else Had This Problem?
did u try resetting the command system pulling out fuse that's on the trunk? Its the#6 fuse I believe.

R u still under warranty?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
The audio systems on early W211s have frequent problems with the audio gateway (whatever that is) and/or the system software. The problem was mostly with 2003 models but may include 2004 models. Not long after I got my 2003 the audio gateway was replaced because of a problem something like what you are describing. Recently the direct entry of FM stations stopped working, and the dealer fixed that with a software upgrade, as described in this thread (thanks, Konigstiger). Our car still had the original 2003 software.