E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 Ownership Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 SL550
E500 Ownership Experience

I picked up my E500 last friday, I love it! It is really a great car. Great power, both low end torque and a smooth horsepower band, very impressive in the E Series. The handling is a big improvement over my last MB, the adjustable Airmatic suspension is a lot of fun to use. It is not quite as nimble as a BMW 5 but the entire package is far superior.

A minor gripe (in addition to no CD Changer) is that the buttons on the steering wheel only seem to move the radio stations up or down through a seek mode instead of scrolling through the preset stations. I'm hoping that someone with more experience with the car can help me (and others) reset or adjust the system to change this format. I own a 2001 BMW and a 2000 Jeep (Daimler/Chrysler) that use the wheel buttons for the preset stations.

If you are undecided on a car in this range or are trying to justify the added expense over an E320, drive the 500, it is a great car!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i think your right about your multi function steering wheel, it goes up station by station, but my car has the 6 cd changer in it, it works really good, no problems with the standard cd, when you choose a cd, the single slot is number 0
Old 10-22-2002, 07:22 PM

It's not your car, it's your daddy's car, so stop telling people otherwise. You're not even old enough to officially drive it. I'm sure that if your daddy knew what kind of a bull****ter you were, you'd get a leather belt across your *** within seconds.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
clembo,

You can choose to have the steering wheel manually seek through the stations or go through your individual presets. This can be altered in the display screen that states hold for 3 secs. to Reset. By simply using the up & down arrow you can change things with the cars lighting, convenience & vehicle settings. Get out the owner's manual or play with it yourself & you will find that you can change the setting to go either way.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:27 PM

14 'E550
Originally posted by Kid12
It's not your car, it's your daddy's car, so stop telling people otherwise. You're not even old enough to officially drive it.
He never said it was his, stated that in mulitple prior posts.....who cares, he has the car in his family and knows minor details about the car. You on the other hand are a useless troll.

Last edited by Beltfed; 10-22-2002 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Banned

Kid12,

Don't you think you are being a little harsh? If he wants to pretend that it is his car, that's all fine & good. No reason to use profanity to brow-beat him!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by bmms8
i think your right about your multi function steering wheel, it goes up station by station, but my car has the 6 cd changer in it, it works really good, no problems with the standard cd, when you choose a cd, the single slot is number 0
ahem... You can also see it in his thread titled "my car". Need I say more on this 15 yearold bull****ter?

Why is it so hard to say "my father's car" or "my family's car" or "our car"? He's obviously an attention seaker because we all know that children at such age will do anything to get some recognition status.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:31 PM

14 'E550
Originally posted by Kid12
ahem... You can also see it in his thread titled "my car". Need I say more on this 15 yearold bull****ter?
He means his "families" car, everyone knows its his father's car......he isn't hiding anything, unlike some people.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:36 PM
Banned

Beltfed,

I noticed that you have the '00 Viper & I know this is not a Dodge forum, but did you read about the "Owner Loyality Certificate" program & the headaches it is causing the Viper dealers?
Old 10-22-2002, 07:44 PM

14 'E550
Originally posted by MarcusBenz
Beltfed,

I noticed that you have the '00 Viper & I know this is not a Dodge forum, but did you read about the "Owner Loyality Certificate" program & the headaches it is causing the Viper dealers?
Yes indeed I did...... I ordered a 2003 SRT with the certificate, but gave up the car and just gave the allocation to my dealer. The understanding was that if I go with an 04, he would help me out.

Here is a thread started by one of the respected online Viper dealers concerning this subject.

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum21/HTML/000794.html
Old 10-22-2002, 07:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 G Wagon / 2012 CLS 550
Marcus, There is not a sub menu for controlling the radio functions. I would like for you to be right on this one but i think you are wrong.

Also, why would you reset the entire system on sub menu .... you would then need to reestablish your personal settings.

Clembo, i also had a 5 - series, things were less complicated then!

Last edited by skymast; 10-22-2002 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Banned

I am almost positive you can select it either way, but I am currently not in a place where I have access to a car. I am messaging a friend at another dealer, who as an '03 E500 to let me know for sure. If he does not respond, I will check it out tomorrow & let you know, if you don't figure it out sooner!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Banned

Beltfed,

This is the article I read & cannot believe the Marketing Dept. at Chrysler didn't see that one coming!!!! Good intentions, though.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:13 PM

14 'E550
Beltfed,

This is the article I read & cannot believe the Marketing Dept. at Chrysler didn't see that one coming!!!! Good intentions, though.

I'm sure they knew dealers would be pissed. It was certainly a nice gesture for dedicated previous owners though to get first priority.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by skymast
Marcus, There is not a sub menu for controlling the radio functions. I would like for you to be right on this one but i think you are wrong.

Also, why would you reset the entire system on sub menu .... you would then need to reestablish your personal settings.

Clembo, i also had a 5 - series, things were less complicated then!
You are correct, my connection responded by saying that you can only seek throught the stations, not presets. I am embarrased, I should have known this, I appoliguise. At least I learned something new today! To bad that doesn't help you any!!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
wow kid, how old are you, 12??
Old 10-22-2002, 10:01 PM

2004 E500
You are correct, my connection responded by saying that you can only seek throught the stations, not presets. I am embarrased, I should have known this, I appoliguise. At least I learned something new today! To bad that doesn't help you any!!
I would think that scrolling through the presets is a must... so I'm expecting M-B to correct this with a software fix

Oh, and I think you're optimistic, bmms8, 'cause I think Kid12 writes more like a 2-year old!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 10:20 PM

HAHAHA your guys wit astounds me, I'll need to make sure I never get into a fight with you, you wry writs. I mean, making fun of him being a kid and 12 because his name is kid12? Simply hilarious, and thought provoking!

Anyway, does anyone have pictures of the ash interior with the black birds eye maple wood? I'd rather have the normal wood, but unfortunately I want everything the sports package has except that... oh well. And I like the basic rims more too...
Old 10-22-2002, 11:22 PM

2012 CL550
androza,
I was at the dealer on Sunday and took this picture through the window. Not a great shot, but hopefully it shows you what you want to see. I am also not sure about the sports package. I like what it has to offer but am not sure about the long-term attractiveness of the bird's eye and white dash instruments. I think they are ok, but wonder if I will tire of them. Let me know what you decide.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:36 PM

14 'E550
Originally posted by androza
Anyway, does anyone have pictures of the ash interior with the black birds eye maple wood? I'd rather have the normal wood, but unfortunately I want everything the sports package has except that... oh well. And I like the basic rims more too...
Bird's eye maple/ash looks great......I love dark colored wood, it just doesn't photograph that great.

Kassav took this photo, probably the best photo of bird's eye/ash I have seen.

Old 10-22-2002, 11:41 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by Beltfed
He means his "families" car, everyone knows its his father's car......he isn't hiding anything, unlike some people.
Speak for yourself, dork. Who is everyone? Or do you mean"yourself"? I for one do not know who owns the car so I read the post and I would have to go by what is says and dufus said "my car" and i dont need your explanation what it means. How do you dork know that when he says E500 he does not mean Toyota Tercell?
Old 10-23-2002, 12:02 AM

14 'E550
Originally posted by Fast Eddy
Speak for yourself, dork. Who is everyone? Or do you mean"yourself"? I for one do not know who owns the car so I read the post and I would have to go by what is says and dufus said "my car" and i dont need your explanation what it means. How do you dork know that when he says E500 he does not mean Toyota Tercell?
You are a certified idiot, most of the people on this forum know its his father's car. This is not a fast moving forum, the same damn posts stay still for days. He has mentioned in multiple threads that its his father's car, which you don't seem to understand. Since you are essentially a troll, I have seen your past moronic BS posts......when was the last time you posted in this forum?

Let me tell you something Chump.......you woudn't be calling me a dork to my face.

Why don't you post your email address? If you want to continue this bantering session, lets take it to email.

Edited: I apologize (to the board) for my language, the message is now edited.

Last edited by Beltfed; 10-23-2002 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
wow, all this talk about me.....makes me wonder, why do you give a ****.....i say its my car, because i can drive it, its in my garage, and that garage is part of my house.....you dont ask who owns yourhouse, damn, the bank owns most of it right...i dont tell people i live in my parents house, i live in my house.....so it doesnt matter, and are you serious about the tercel......ask justintrw, he saw my car ******....ill take pics soon, dont worry, it looks much better than whatever ****ty car you drive
Old 10-23-2002, 12:59 AM
wow
Almost a Member!

E500
It does not matter who owns the car. The point is that we are interested in this MB model and we are here to share our experiences. It seems to me that bmms8 has a vast interest in cars and it is great that he shares his thoughts and ideas with people on this board.

I would love to see some pictures of your car, bmms8, when you have a chance to take them & post them. Too bad, my car won't come in until the end of this year. I also would love to share my experience about my MB E500 with everyone on this board.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
thank you wow, yeah, ill take pics, all i need is a camera though, ill try to get one tomarrow, and ill make them into a cd at costco

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E500 Ownership Experience