E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Negative Camber!!! Help PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negative Camber!!! Help PLEASE!!

So I put my car on a lift for the first time since the begining of summer and my mechanic showed me the rear tires! The whole inside of the tire is completly worn down to the metal thread!!! this was due to the lowering of the car and my rear rims are bent in causing the negative camber, is there a camber kit available to fix this problem, or can i have a wheel alignment done in the rear to solve this problem? I just Fu*ked up a pair of brand new perelli p nero's in less than 5k miles because of this problem. I see alot of german cars with this stance where the rear bends inwards when it's dropped, especially BMW's.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
When you lower the car you change the geometry of the wheels. You must make modifications to the chassy to prevent tire wear as you have experienced. Some cars set neg caster for racing because the turns will result in the tire being flatter on the road and provide better traction. It might look cool but for street driving you must set the camber and toe in correctly on the rear to keep tires on it, Remember in racing they change many tires in 500 miles.

Mercedes does make a camber adjustment bolt for the front and I used them on my car to set the camber correctly due to tire wear. I don't know if it is the same part for the rear. The part is $35.00 for each and you would need at least 2. Then you will need an alignment given you can find someone who can do it.

Lowering looks cool, but I kept mine stock tires and chassy height and this weekend drove 1600 in two days and tires look new. Jim
Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks dude, where can I find these bolts, or part to fix this alignment for the rear?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
You will have to go to the Mercedes dealer and ask if the parts are available for the rear. They would be the camber adjustment bolt/rear. Then you will have to find a shop that will install and align for you. You might just ask your service manager if he can do it all in the Mercedes shop. They might be willing to do the total job. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Mercedes sells the REPAIR Bolts for the front to correct negative camber.
The Repair bolts replace the stock bolts in the front end it takes 4 bolts.

For the rear one will need adjustable rear links or a Kmac kit to correct negative rear camber as Mercedes does NOT offer anything to correct the Negative Rear camber.

Several shops sell the links...