E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Fuel gauge issue (RSAM then Fuel level sender)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Audi A3
Fuel gauge issue (RSAM then Fuel level sender)

Before the warrenty was over, my dad brought the car in because the fuel shown on the dash would go up and down for no reason. That was fixed.

Now today, my sister drove his car, then all of the sudden the car wouldn't go. She brought it to the dealership, and they said this time we have to pay 780 bucks for the Fuel Level Sender (warrenty over), and said last time the issue was Rear SAM.

This is pissing me off, because stupid thing could have killed my sister, and also shouldn't they get it fix for free cuz the problems are all related somehow.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL350
They would fix it if they know how.
If you search the W203 section there are lots of fuel gauge issues and among the posters there is me with my gfriend's car and then mine.
The dealership changed all they could and the problem just keep coming back.
I think its the lower octane or just crappy gas cause i didnt find any postings in the european forums
Old 09-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by fobeeguy
shouldn't they get it fix for free cuz the problems are all related somehow.
Service Campaign 2005100009 NOV05 covers the fuel gauge malfunction and associated rear SAM replacement with a modified module for MY03 W211. DTB P-B-54.21/131 DEC04 covers all remaining MYs. Neither mentions the fuel level sender. Therefore, unless it is specifically documented on your invoice that the fuel sender was replaced the dealership is correct in saying it is unrelated as it pertains to the rear SAM replacement they performed. Contact the following dealers for comparison pricing on the part needed, have your VIN handy. Then request to speak with the service manager of your dealership and negotiate a price match for the part and possible labor cost discount.

Park Place 888-833-3619
MB Anaheim 800-252-6877