Success Story with OEM Need

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Cupholder Broke....Success Story with OEM Need

Hello,

Just wanted to tell of a plesant experience.

So my cupholder broke and my local dealer wanted $116 to replace it. I know MB loves their parts, but jeez, that's pricey.

I listened to the board and tried to get in touch with Jamie of OEM Parts, left 2 messages, and got no response. Just a day later, I then found out Jamie was let go. He seemed like a cool guy, and hope the best for him.

I found a post of someone who recommended MB of West Chester, Oh. So I decided to call and got the Parts Manager Rob. He was very kind and knew of the situation on the board. He matched the price (wholesale) and even 2 day shipped it. I was very impressed, as it arrived on a Saturday.

Let it be known though, the parts are not exact anymore. SEE PICS BELOW I have an 03' E500 that must have had a different configuration until now. The cupholder would not fit for obvious reasons.

So I called Rob and discussed it with him and sent these pictures. He confirmed within a couple of hours that it did indeed need to be trimmed for my particular application. It was all of 5 minutes with a dremmel and an exacto knife.

I appreciate Rob's dedication to satisfying me and at a fair price. I will continue to bring my OEM needs to him. I was so happy that I went ahead and detailed the car after

Thank you Rob!

Nick Carberry
Atlanta, Georgia

Last edited by Nickc0844; 09-19-2007 at 10:02 PM.