Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily - CL600
Smile Fresh Awesomeness!

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here in a while but I thought it might be nice to post up some new pics of my car and see what you guys think of it so far. I've done quite a few things to it since I made my signature but I don't have time to make a new one right now. Umm... well, firstly, audio wise I added a nice set of Focal Utopia components which have noticably improved sound quality. I also changed a lot of the bulbs around (experimenting with colour) inside and outside which you can't see in the pics. Hmm... what else? Oh I had the outdated "E500" emblem removed from the decklid and replaced with a Lorinser one. The only Lorinser products I have added to it are the wheels but what the heck right? I'm thinking about getting a set of those fenders they make too. Before that however, I will probably replace the bottom half of the trunklid with a 2007-style one though. (With the longer chrome strip.) Oh and of course I blacked out the tail lamps. (It was professionally done of course and nothing cheap.)

Anyway, without further ado, here she is:

I would be interested to hear any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions you may have. In addition to updating the fenders & trunk, I am thinking about having the mesh inserts on its front bumper either colourmatched or painted a gloss black to compliment my taillights... Or perhaps replaced with black or chrome Bently-style mesh... Other than that, I think I am going to stick to tweaking the audio/video system from now on. :-)

Anyway, it's way past my bedtime so I'll talk to you guys later.

Ciao,
Tom

P.S. I am curious, does anyone know if the new style floormats with the little metal Mercedes-Benz logos will work in pre-'07 w211's? I asked my service tech but he says the pedal arraingment has been altered? I don't know if I trust that though. If anyone has added them or tried to I would be curious to hear your experiences and recommendations in this regard.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:40 AM

2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
Beautiful car!! Please post some pics showing the color lighting changes. I am intrigued!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:38 PM

Daily - CL600
I'll try and take some while I'm out tonight and get them up on here tomorrow. I changed the bulbs in my fog and parking lights but the sidemarkers and turn signals are still factory. I really want to get silver coloured ones but I dunno where to look besides ebay and their products are of questionable quality.

For the inside what I did was try to install some footwell lights but it wound up shorting out part of the electrical system and they had to take them out. I am thinking about trying it again sometime with led's though.

Later,
Tom
Old 10-13-2007, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I gotta be honest here man, but I don't like the grille, the wheels, or the taillight covers.

If it were my car, id put the stock hood/star back on, get a set of 550/350 sport wheels, and the stock tail lights.

just imho.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
A bit too urban for my taste, but wow, imho, the tail lights do nothing for your beauty of a car and color. Sorry.

Keep all of your stock parts when resale rolls around.

Last edited by TPAbnz; 10-13-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300 Coupe'
What front Grill do are you using? I have been thinking about getting something like it. Not sure if the diameter of the star is too big for me as I have seen some smaller ones but want to investigate.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:43 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
I like the front grill! Not my style of rims but rims are a personal choice! Nice car!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:37 PM

2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
I am getting to really like the tinted lights. I think they look great on your car, imho.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 AM

2014 E350 4M
i am not sure why are you asking what people think of your car, i think its all about what you like...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 AM

Daily - CL600
Hey I liked the factory tail lights too... back when I was lucky to spot two or three other W211s a day. Now that I'm seeing 10-20 of them, not so much. Had to do something to make it stand out from the pack. Perhaps when I have the '07 style trunklid installed I'll get the tailights updated as well... until then I think this looks pretty swank.

Yeah I have 18s on it.... I want this to be a fun car to drive and not have to worry about swerving around every pothole. I have larger rims on some of my other vehicles and the roads around here can tear them up pretty bad if I'm not careful. Whatever though...

Anyway, I still need to take those light pics. Just been a busy weekend and haven't had much time. Probably Tuesday night? I have things to do tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for all the input everyone. Positive and negative. It's all good. :-)

Later,
Tom

P.S. Curious - how old are you guys who don't like the tinted taillights? I mean, 18-24 year old girls are my target demographic and they seem to love them. lol
Old 10-15-2007, 05:50 AM

What colour is your car, Tom?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:30 AM

Daily - CL600
Hellblau (Light Blue):

Later,
Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sold - w211 e320, f250, rx7 race car
Originally Posted by Tom Sederburg
I mean, 18-24 year old girls are my target demographic and they seem to love them. lol
Do I see gold colored handcuffs hanging from the rear view mirror?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 AM

Daily - CL600
What does that have to do with anything? lol

Later,
Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sold - w211 e320, f250, rx7 race car
What does that have to do with anything? lol

Later,
Tom
I don't know what it means when someone hangs handcuffs from their rearview mirror. Perhaps you are a cop, bounty hunter, security guard, get kinky with the ladies, been arrrested a lot or ?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Im sorry brother, but those rims are n a s t y. I would think they belong on a W210, not a w211.

remember......
opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

Everyone has diffrent taste, if you like it thats all that matters!

R/
Evan
Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Daily - CL600
Originally Posted by mbuskuhl
I don't know what it means when someone hangs handcuffs from their rearview mirror. Perhaps you are a cop, bounty hunter, security guard, get kinky with the ladies, been arrrested a lot or ?
Please, this is a family forum sir! lol

I'll just say they've come in handy occasionally and leave it at that.

Later,
Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 03:24 PM

Daily - CL600
Originally Posted by KosherBenz
Im sorry brother, but those rims are n a s t y. I would think they belong on a W210, not a w211.

remember......
opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

Everyone has diffrent taste, if you like it thats all that matters!

R/
Evan
Hey Evan,

These are actually my favourite rims for this car and I looked though thousands before selecting them.

What kind of wheels do you prefer on w211's? 5 stars?

Later,
Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Hey Evan,

These are actually my favourite rims for this car and I looked though thousands before selecting them.

What kind of wheels do you prefer on w211's? 5 stars?

Later,
Tom
OEM CLS 18's.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Hey I liked the factory tail lights too... back when I was lucky to spot two or three other W211s a day. Now that I'm seeing 10-20 of them, not so much. Had to do something to make it stand out from the pack. Perhaps when I have the '07 style trunklid installed I'll get the tailights updated as well... until then I think this looks pretty swank.

Yeah I have 18s on it.... I want this to be a fun car to drive and not have to worry about swerving around every pothole. I have larger rims on some of my other vehicles and the roads around here can tear them up pretty bad if I'm not careful. Whatever though...

Anyway, I still need to take those light pics. Just been a busy weekend and haven't had much time. Probably Tuesday night? I have things to do tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for all the input everyone. Positive and negative. It's all good. :-)

Later,
Tom

P.S. Curious - how old are you guys who don't like the tinted taillights? I mean, 18-24 year old girls are my target demographic and they seem to love them. lol
I don't love them and Im 24. Then again, I've never been a fan of modifying the appearance of mb sedans (with the exception of some tasteful wheels). I have "old manish" taste.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:20 AM

07 E350, 03 Lexus ES300, 04 CLK 320 (gone)
nice colour car....I think you may want to think about adding:

--AMG style front bumper (it'll give that aggressive but clean look now that you have a 'flat hood emblem' and new grill)

--sport exhaust tips (either dual or quad)

--trunk spoiler

....modding: once you start, it's hard to stop!!!

Last edited by LB Bnz; 10-21-2007 at 11:24 AM.