E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Springs and Spring pads.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E350 Sport
Springs and Spring pads.

so im goin in on tuesday to get my car lowered and I am going with H&R springs, im doing the one that were made for the w211 with sports package and is said to lower it 1.4 inches in the front and 1.3 in the back...29324-4

My question is i am trying to get it as low as possible so which pads should i use?/remove?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Your problem will be getting the front low enough, I recommend cutting 1/2 coil off the front springs and removing 3 (per side) of the plastic shims from the rear. If you dont plan on cutting the springs I would recommend leaving all of the shims in the rear for an even drop.

I've bought all of the front spring pads ("shims") mercedes makes. And although there are different part numbers they all appear to be the same part. Which means the only way to further lower the front is to cut the springs. I did this and noticed absolutely no ride degradation.

EDIT: This is from ym expierience on my 2004 E Class, I would assume your 07 to be similiar if not the same.

Last edited by W Cole; 10-21-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E350 Sport
Originally Posted by W Cole
Your problem will be getting the front low enough, I recommend cutting 1/2 coil off the front springs and removing 3 (per side) of the plastic shims from the rear. If you dont plan on cutting the springs I would recommend leaving all of the shims in the rear for an even drop.

I've bought all of the front spring pads ("shims") mercedes makes. And although there are different part numbers they all appear to be the same part. Which means the only way to further lower the front is to cut the springs. I did this and noticed absolutely no ride degradation.

EDIT: This is from ym expierience on my 2004 E Class, I would assume your 07 to be similiar if not the same.
im tryna go for that slammmmmed look i know its hard wid jus springs but i know its somewhat possible
Old 05-03-2008, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe, 2003 E320, 2003 Chevy Corvette Z06
Where and who would cut your springs. . .I always thought this was very dangerous to do