E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What A Difference!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What A Difference!

Just pulled the trigger today on a 2008 E550, P2, AMG Sport Package. I owned an '05 E500 that unfortunately went to the big autobahn in the sky when it was broadsided by an unlicensed driver a few years back.

I've had an Infiniti M45 Sport, Acura RL and a Lexus LS460 since. Unrefined, Underpowered and Underengineered. I need not say more.

So, I went back to my first love, and the difference between the '05 and '08 is astounding. The push you back in your seat acceleration...the unadulterated torque is splendidly mesmerizing and addictive. The braking is sure and precise without overt grabbiness. The track and steering sublime and sure.

I was even pleasantly surpirsed that I've come to terms with the somewhat dated COMAND system with the Bluetooth flying wing. I know an outfitter that can seamlessly replace it with a Pioneer AVIC-Z2, but...the $6K cost has me learning to love quaint technological antiquity that MB has addressed in the S and C class, but not yet the E.

It's my understanding that the E will undergo the C Class-type revamp next model year, but, I didn't feel like waiting that long, and of course, that will come at a price.

It appears to me that this car is the best bang for the buck out there. I'm very satisfied, so far.

Glad to be back!

Last edited by airactivist; 11-11-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 e350 4matic
congrats welcome back