E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

getting towed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport, 1995 SL320
getting towed

i have a little problem at my girlfriend's condo...

i keep on getting towed by their stupid security

the 1st time they made a mistake, i bit the bullet and paid the $100/ went to pick up my car.

this morning, i walked out of her place to see my car turned around in the wrong direction, 4 parking spots down, with the interior light on. apparently after towing the car, this time they realized they're idiots, and brought the car back after letting in chill in the impound lot overnight

the question i have for you guys is how bad does it screw up my car, having them keep towing it from place to place at their discretion? based on the position the cars were left in, it looks like the car was picked up by the rear wheels everytime (thank god). the only thing that pisses me off is that both times my car was parallel parked. thats means it was dragged out sideways first.

how worried should i be?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55
It shouldnt be too bad unless your car is lowered. The real problem is you shouldnt be getting towed at all, it sounds like your parking somewhere ilegal because you dont live there. Park somewhere else or leave a sign on your dash with your phone number so they can warn you.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport, 1995 SL320
well my cars not lowered, in fact, after they had towed the car, it looked like it was in the "raised" mode (maybe the towing sensor raises the airmatic when it thinks its being towed?)

as far as the parking spot itself goes, nothing illegal. i get issued a temporary visitors permit every time i stay over. the 1st time i got towed, i had the permit in the car (like they told me to), but the idiot at the front desk recorded my car as "white BMW 4door" instead of "white MERCEDES 4 door." geniouses. this time the explanation was simply "sakurity made mistek."