E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Settings questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
Settings questions

Hello all. I just purchased a 2005 E500 4matic last week. Got it for $36.5 with 18,000 miles CPO. Had a BMW 540i prior.

Question: I was able to set the convenience settings to move the seat back and the steering wheel up upon exit. This morning the seat did not move back to my driver's position but the steering did. Also, when exiting only the steering wheel moved up...the seat stayed in the driver's position and did not move back. Checked the settings again and actually reset everything back to factory and configured again. Any ideas of what could be wrong...either on my end or the car?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
There is a safety switch that prevents the seat from moving back too far. This is regardless of your preference. If you moved it a couple/few inches forward it should move. The intent is to prevent an accidental interference with the backseat passenger's feet.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by howif
Hello all. I just purchased a 2005 E500 4matic last week. Got it for $36.5 with 18,000 miles CPO. Had a BMW 540i prior.

Question: I was able to set the convenience settings to move the seat back and the steering wheel up upon exit. This morning the seat did not move back to my driver's position but the steering did. Also, when exiting only the steering wheel moved up...the seat stayed in the driver's position and did not move back. Checked the settings again and actually reset everything back to factory and configured again. Any ideas of what could be wrong...either on my end or the car?

Thanks!
...also, the seat feature is poorly designed & implimented. It was a feature that was dropped in the '07s. The wheel still goes up but the seat moving feature is gone. There are hours of material here to read about the stupid seat feature. (Perhaps it is because we here in the USA are used to the GM style of memory seat operation, but on the MB it will befuddle you endlessly.)

Fugeddaboutit.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
Thanks for the info. It did the trick!