E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mechanic might have messed up my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Mechanic might have messed up my car

So I took my car to my mechanic 2 days ago. Since im having that issue with the radiator leaking fluid into my tranny, i bought an oem radiator and had him do the transmission flush. I went back today to wait for the car to get finished and he was also going to lower the car for me via STAR but i got in the car to take it for a spin to see if i still had the issue with the jerking back and forth. I put it in drive and wanted to see if everything was good to go so i put it in Steptronic but do my surprise there wasnt any numbers showing on my speedometer. i turned the car off and turned it back again and tried it again and its still not shifting down, it only stays in drive. i told him that i never seen that happen before and he said he will take it for a test drive and was gone for about 10 minutes. then one of the mechanics there got a phone call from him and said to let me use his car to get home and said that the transmission was messed up on my car. so whos fault was this? was it bound to happen or did they do something wrong to my car? hes worked on my cars everytime i needed something done and never had a problem but i dont know what couldve happened.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
I am not sure what does radiator has to do with the tranny since the coolant only flows to the engine. As far as the tranny cooler is front of the radiator only has tranny fluid flow around to keep the oil cool. I think he might have done something wrong witn your transmission when he changed the tranny oil. Did he do flush or fill'n'drain. I hope he didn't put the wrong kind of fluid without the right MB specs fluid. I hope he fixs it.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 (S65 Package)
yeah i dont know what he did but he did fix it. im glad he did i thought he did something wrong for a minute.